Tatula

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Scattergun2570
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tatula

Post by Scattergun2570 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:37 pm

I have what I believe to be a first generation Tatula..now I see there is a CT,and others..can anyone tell me the differences between these?
"That went out witj Ceramic hammers"

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Scattergun2570 wrote:I have what I believe to be a first generation Tatula..now I see there is a CT,and others..can anyone tell me the differences between these?
The original Tatula had a larger framed, shared with the Zillion TWS (Zillion 1516) and original Tatula Type R. They were heavier and had an aluminum handle sideplate. The capacity is the same as the Tatula CT, but the original had a wider spool to fit the frame. The 1st generation Tatula also had a poorly designed T-Wing which was too thick and added extra pressure on line coming off the spool during retrieve. Daiwa upgraded this in the Tatula HD and Zillion TWS 1516.

On to the CT, 2nd Generation Tatula:
Daiwa added a composite sideplate, lowering the weight versus the previous gen all aluminum sideplate. The spool was narrowed for the CT and made slightly deeper to match the capacity of the original Tatula. A smaller design of the upgraded T-wing was added for the CT and Zillion SV TW reels too. No bearings were added in different locations for either the original or CT, and the Type R for both generations received CRBB spool bearings and a lighter weight A7075 spool. The CT also doesn't have the horrid plastic cover over the handle nut, it received a color coded lock plate matching the gear ratio.

So to summarize, the CT is smaller and lighter because of a dropped aluminum gear side plate and an overall smaller frame.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatula

Post by johnD » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:11 am

CT Type R , is selling for $99 -$109 on ebay right now..I prefer the Type R over the standard Tat CT , it flat out bombs cast.
I don't even flush the bearings I just add a drop of yellow rocket fuel to each spool bearing every once in a while.