Lew's Service

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Normware
Angler
Angler

Lew's Service

Post by Normware » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:54 am

Just thought I would post about the great service I received from Lew's. I recently tore down 2 BB1's speed spools. In the process I mess up the stoppers.

Not sure what I had done, I sent an email off through their website on Good Friday. On Monday morning @ 9:30 a.m. EST, I received a reply on how the stoppers need to positioned, and that they would be sending replacements. Still not sure of how it should be oriented the Service Advisor (Lisa Adams) sent a picture..

I did not expect such a quick response/service, and am extremely pleased.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lew's Service

Post by johnD » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 am

Same here , seem like good people.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:40 pm

I posted this on another site today...

They deserve good words on their customer service. I have to say, out of all the reel companies that I deal with, they always seem to be the easiest and kindest of them all. Maybe its the area of the country they are located in? I know others arent like that.

Here is a prime example: I call on behalf of a customer/friend of mine who fishes tournaments. He has a stable of OG Super Duty reels, and most of them in the 8 gear ratio. They have a problem with the pinion gears buildup in that particular ratio. Found out about this a bit back regarding a few other repairs. I talk to a lady first, who I explained the situation and the known issue. Told her that he has 5 more in this ratio, and he would really like it if I can just get 5 sets of 7 ratio gears to replace them all (they replace the 8s with the 7s, since the 7s are not faulty). She told me to hold so she can see what she can do. Another man picks up the phone and I go over the situation. He asks me if I have an account with them, I told him yes. I gave him my name, and then he says "oh yes, we know exactly who you are"....

"Is that a good thing or bad thing" i said.

He laughed, and so did I. He immediately told me there is not a problem, and they would easily accommodate me to get him rolling again. I told him that I would send back the old gears if they wanted to make sure that I was doing this repair for real. He told me its not necessary, and he would expedite the shipping at no extra charge, as well as never asking me for a dime.

They are really on top of their game with making sure their customers are well taken care of. Just wanted to give credit where it was due.
<")))><{

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:06 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:I posted this on another site today...

They deserve good words on their customer service. I have to say, out of all the reel companies that I deal with, they always seem to be the easiest and kindest of them all. Maybe its the area of the country they are located in? I know others arent like that.

Here is a prime example: I call on behalf of a customer/friend of mine who fishes tournaments. He has a stable of OG Super Duty reels, and most of them in the 8 gear ratio. They have a problem with the pinion gears buildup in that particular ratio. Found out about this a bit back regarding a few other repairs. I talk to a lady first, who I explained the situation and the known issue. Told her that he has 5 more in this ratio, and he would really like it if I can just get 5 sets of 7 ratio gears to replace them all (they replace the 8s with the 7s, since the 7s are not faulty). She told me to hold so she can see what she can do. Another man picks up the phone and I go over the situation. He asks me if I have an account with them, I told him yes. I gave him my name, and then he says "oh yes, we know exactly who you are"....

"Is that a good thing or bad thing" i said.

He laughed, and so did I. He immediately told me there is not a problem, and they would easily accommodate me to get him rolling again. I told him that I would send back the old gears if they wanted to make sure that I was doing this repair for real. He told me its not necessary, and he would expedite the shipping at no extra charge, as well as never asking me for a dime.

They are really on top of their game with making sure their customers are well taken care of. Just wanted to give credit where it was due.
Great story! Thanks for sharing.

lund40
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lund40 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Excellent service