Lew's Pro G

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Lew's Pro G

Post by johnD » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 am

I see tackle warehouse has it on closeout , if they are discontinuing it , what's gonna replace it ?

Normware
Angler
Angler

Re: Lew's Pro G

Post by Normware » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:12 am

from bassblaster:

Lew’s first all-metal reel: Pro-Ti SLP.

Available this fall:

> …1-piece aluminum frame and aluminum side plates with titanium composition…lightest, toughest reel ever produced by the legendary Lew’s brand….

> Hard aluminum alloy Speed Gears that have been cut on the finest Hamai CNC gear hobbing machine provide precision gear mesh that maximizes smoothness and durability.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:13 pm

thanks for the info , i found it. $349 , damn , that's steep !

http://www.lews.com/proti

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:06 pm

johnD wrote:I see tackle warehouse has it on closeout , if they are discontinuing it , what's gonna replace it ?
Actually, the Pro G, along with a couple of other reels are listed as clearance reels. The Pro BB-1 is a closeout reel. Not sure what the difference is.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 am

I don't think they are getting rid of the Tournament Pro G. Especially if they plan on replacing it with a $350 reel! I just got one for $105 off eBay with the 25% off coupon. Killer reel for the money. I like the centrifugal brakes better than the SVS Infinity.
<")))><{

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:46 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:I don't think they are getting rid of the Tournament Pro G. Especially if they plan on replacing it with a $350 reel! I just got one for $105 off eBay with the 25% off coupon. Killer reel for the money. I like the centrifugal brakes better than the SVS Infinity.
How do you get a ebay coupon ? I buy and sell there quite a bit , don't think I've ever seen one.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:02 pm

I sent lew's a email , this was the reply.

The Tournament Pro G is not discontinued at this time, but it is on our TPR (temporary price reduction) program going on right now until April 30th. This is an event we do every spring and usually has a few different models on it.

If you have any other questions let me know, and thanks for choosing Lew’s Fishing!

Thanks,

Matt Fisher | Product Information and Promotions Coordinator | Lew’s Fishing Tackle / Do Outdoors LLC

Office: 877-470-LEWS (5397) |Email mfisher@Lews.com

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:40 am

johnD wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:I don't think they are getting rid of the Tournament Pro G. Especially if they plan on replacing it with a $350 reel! I just got one for $105 off eBay with the 25% off coupon. Killer reel for the money. I like the centrifugal brakes better than the SVS Infinity.
How do you get a ebay coupon ? I buy and sell there quite a bit , don't think I've ever seen one.
I would get notifications to my ebay account, and an alert on my phone. (I think the monkey sends them to me :lol: ) The last one was PRETTYDAY of something like that. There is a spot to enter ebay coupon codes in the checkout procedure. They pop up here and there.
<")))><{

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:23 am

thanks for the heads up !

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:15 pm

johnD wrote:thanks for the heads up !
There is a current 15% off coupon good thru tomorrow, but only from certain sellers. Code is "PSPRINGBF".
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:17 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
There is a current 15% off coupon good thru tomorrow, but only from certain sellers. Code is "PSPRINGBF". Triace Tackle has great prices on certain models.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:31 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
There is a current 15% off coupon good thru tomorrow, but only from certain sellers. Code is "PSPRINGBF".
Thanks i'm blind as a bat , ordered another Tat type r this morning and never saw it.. ](*,)

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:37 pm

So , I was at dicks today. They had the Pro G on clearance. $169 (not a spectacular price).... still would like to know what's replacing it , lol.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:47 am

johnD wrote:So , I was at dicks today. They had the Pro G on clearance. $169 (not a spectacular price).... still would like to know what's replacing it , lol.
Nothing. Its just discounted for a limited time.
<")))><{

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:56 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
johnD wrote:So , I was at dicks today. They had the Pro G on clearance. $169 (not a spectacular price).... still would like to know what's replacing it , lol.
Nothing. Its just discounted for a limited time.
well , I guess that's good , parts will be available longer..$139 on ebay right now with + a 20% off july 4th coupon.