Speed spool bearings

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Speed spool bearings

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Has anyone used them?

They look like repackaged orange seals to me...

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Speed spool bearings

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:22 am

They look like repackaged chinese crap that you see on ebay, and the same goes for Bocas. I still cant fathom why people use Bocas, they are horrible bearings. Might as well buy the Chinese cheap ones, Im sure they are made by the same company.

Stick to HH Studio or ZPi.
<")))><{

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Bocas aren’t a bad bearing at all. The bearing cages are clearly different from the Chinese crap bearings. They definitely are not the same. Boca also has great CS and will take care of their customers if there’s a problem. I used to use them in all of my reels. I’ve switched brands now because I prefer something quieter. As for spool speed they do look identical to the cheap bearings and are probably sourced in bulk from some company overseas. You can find them on AliBaba for $25 for 100pcs. Same goes for the handles spool speed is selling.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:31 pm

I posted the same thing in the tuning section, probably Alibaba bearings.
I haven't found any bearings better than the ones that came in my chronarch mgl , and I haven't even flushed them yet !!
The thing cast frogs farther than you can see to work them. :lol:

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Kurt L » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:22 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:They look like repackaged chinese crap that you see on ebay, and the same goes for Bocas. I still cant fathom why people use Bocas, they are horrible bearings. Might as well buy the Chinese cheap ones, Im sure they are made by the same company.

Stick to HH Studio or ZPi.
+1 on this the Bocas I tried were garbage, I floated around several different brands and settled on HH now they are an improvement on midrange reels!

Kurt

Bass1980
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass1980 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:45 pm

Alibaba bearings. Facebook noobs pushing these junk hard especially some of the Shimano guys. Buy a premium reel and add trash bearings in them. :roll:

Oh well, no oil free spin bearings makes them happy.