Need help picking a reel

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Need help picking a reel

Post by Salty Parrot » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:32 am

Hi all, Im stuck between getting a Revo Gen 4 Inshore or a Curado K. I mainly fish saltwater and I like to cast 1/8 to 1/2 oz lures. I am starting to carry around two rods, my first rod will be my lighter setup with my Steez A, I have 4 spools for the Steez, I have a spool for 20lb braid, 12lb mono, 10lb mono and 8lb fluro. I just swap the spools around depending on what I am casting that day and what rod I am putting the Steez on. I recently bought a Phenix Feather 77MH and between the abu and the curado I am stuck. I have used other reels before but I don't want to spend too much because I have already invested in my Steez alot. I was even also considering the Revo X for 100 dollars that is not bad, I can buy two of them. My price range cutoff is around 250.

To break it down these are the rods I have:
Phenix Ultra MBX 77H
Phenix Feather 77MH
Megabass Orochi XXX 68K Rattle Viper

I use the Steez A with the Megabass and the Ultra MBX. I just alternate between these rods for this reel because I don't need to carry three rods. But if I do buy the Revo X I can have reels on all three rods.

What do you guys think? Im open to other companies too.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Need help picking a reel

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:07 pm

Out of your choices I would take the Curado K

lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:17 am

I'd vote Curado K as well.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:42 am

So if you have all that money invested in line and spools why not get another reel that uses the same diameter spool. For that money you can get an sv-103 and use the spools between all the reels you own.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:54 am

From early reviews on the Bantam, I would give it a hard look, especially considering you’re in salt water.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:31 am

Curado K for sure, but it might have a little trouble on the lower end (1/8 lure area).