Kast King reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Kast King reels

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:03 pm

Finnz922 wrote:What?! I don't understand all your hatred and poison spewing nonsense. Other "resource" site moderators are better fishermen than anyone on this site and only fish gear they truly believe in. I read all the time how their reels are put to the test and are solid reels for the money. They chime in on all questions regarding KK. Always have nothing but positive things to say. They would never pimp product because they get it for free or the site's creator makes them in order to be moderators. And when you question them or contradict them or make a joke about something they don't like. They have no patience for sarcasm and for good reason. They warn you and flag your account like they did me and others. I learned my lesson.

In fact, I'm switching all my reels to KK. Daiwa's are just overpriced.
LMAO

One Dbag mod over there insulted me for a video of mine that someone I don't even know posted over there. Claiming him to be a surrogate of mine. Then deleted the vid because of foul language ( i think i said hell once) claiming it violated website rules.
And called me names..(which violated their website rules)

I think 4 threads were closed down after my videos were brought into the discussion....(i only know due to pm's and emails bringing it to my attention. As I'm not a member nor a lurker. I have a feeling I wouldn't last long there.

Websites that disrespect and censor members who participate on topic and respectfully...I not a site I would show any respect to.

I tried joining just to "get woke" slap around one of their mods....but they don't take gmail addresses for account creation.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:46 am

That site is a joke, the sad part is how many members they have to spew nonsense to.

Didn't their fearless leader threaten to sue some other forum for slander?

MaxZmus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MaxZmus » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:54 am

I have the Assasin and Carbon Stealth. I haven’t tried the Stealth yet but I fished the Assasin in the bay last weekend for spotted bay bass and it stopped engaging about half way through the day. I will say that the retrieve was smooth and quiet, but it makes a lot of noise on the cast. I opened it up and found out that the clutch spring wasn’t kicking the lever to the pawl far enough to allow the pawl to engage the reel when the handle is turned. I only payed $42 bucks for it on AliExpress so no big deal. If all else fails I’ll try to see if I can salvage the carbon fiber handle. I also don’t like where they put the side plate release button. I wrap my index finger around the front of the reel when I fish and my finger comes into contact with the button. Not comfortable at all. The drag is just as smooth as any reel out there so that’s no issue. The drive gears are aluminum and are very small. I guess that’s how they can keep the weight so down. Based on my initial experience, I can not recommend this reel.
There are no strangers in the Brotherhood of Fishermen.

grantman83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by grantman83 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:38 am

Finnz922 wrote:What?! I don't understand all your hatred and poison spewing nonsense. Other "resource" site moderators are better fishermen than anyone on this site and only fish gear they truly believe in. I read all the time how their reels are put to the test and are solid reels for the money. They chime in on all questions regarding KK. Always have nothing but positive things to say. They would never pimp product because they get it for free or the site's creator makes them in order to be moderators. And when you question them or contradict them or make a joke about something they don't like. They have no patience for sarcasm and for good reason. They warn you and flag your account like they did me and others. I learned my lesson.

Am I the only one getting the obvious sarcasm here?

Great post!
Yield not to misfortunes but advance against them

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:10 pm

grantman83 wrote:

Am I the only one getting the obvious sarcasm here?

Great post!
It took me to the 3rd line for me to pick up on it and I read the rest of it with a ear to ear grin :)

bigturtle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigturtle » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:21 pm

I was one of the people who posted your vid, and oh boy did i pay the price. Got talked down and deleted for posting nonsense content that "only contains someone's opinion and nothing more"

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:23 pm

bigturtle wrote:I was one of the people who posted your vid, and oh boy did i pay the price. Got talked down and deleted for posting nonsense content that "only contains someone's opinion and nothing more"

LMAO...thank you for being my surrogate! LMAO

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:46 pm

bigturtle wrote:I was one of the people who posted your vid, and oh boy did i pay the price. Got talked down and deleted for posting nonsense content that "only contains someone's opinion and nothing more"
I didn’t get talked down but my post also was deleted when I linked the video.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:38 pm

lmbfisherman wrote:
Glenn is a thoroughbred idiot. I had an excellent community reputation there with over 300 posts outside the flea market section. I hadn't listed anything for sale there in 2 weeks and I get a suspension notice out of the blue, for "selling too much". I know several mods and told them about it. 3 of his own mods went to bat for me and he basically told them to stop questioning him or they would be removed. He did msg me the next day saying the suspension was lifted and that he is sure I "got the point". I replied, likening his moderation style to the 1930's Germany gov't. propoganda machine. So I basically called him a Nazi and told him I wouldnt be back. That guy is a complete doofus. :roll:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:13 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
lmbfisherman wrote:
Glenn is a thoroughbred idiot. I had an excellent community reputation there with over 300 posts outside the flea market section. I hadn't listed anything for sale there in 2 weeks and I get a suspension notice out of the blue, for "selling too much". I know several mods and told them about it. 3 of his own mods went to bat for me and he basically told them to stop questioning him or they would be removed. He did msg me the next day saying the suspension was lifted and that he is sure I "got the point". I replied, likening his moderation style to the 1930's Germany gov't. propoganda machine. So I basically called him a Nazi and told him I wouldnt be back. That guy is a complete doofus. :roll:
To get Tim a little riled up...lol. Over half our country are Nazis and they don't even know it. The guy must be one those "My safe space" Millenials. *Sigh* ... Sorry for the politics.... Had to throw it out there. Lol!
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:23 am

Buck2thPerch wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
lmbfisherman wrote:
To get Tim a little riled up...lol. Over half our country are Nazis and they don't even know it. The guy must be one those "My safe space" Millenials. *Sigh* ... Sorry for the politics.... Had to throw it out there. Lol!
:lol:

=D>
<")))><{

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Buck2thPerch wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
lmbfisherman wrote:
:laugh1: =D>

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:47 pm

I think my Steez has autism.

Last edited by LowRange on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:25 pm

ROFL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CGrinder » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Ha. I like you guys. Kast King reel nonsense was the reason I left the site in question. Bad case of group think over there. The rod rack is hella good though, as mentioned previously.