Abu Gen4 Revo Premier

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Abu Gen4 Revo Premier

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:07 pm

Anyone mess with one of these yet? Curious as to how you like it. Seems to have some good features compared to the Lews Magnesium. Both have the same braking system and near everything else. Abu has aluminum frMe and longer handle which I like better of the 2. Thoughts?
<")))><{

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Abu Gen4 Revo Premier

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:21 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:Anyone mess with one of these yet? Curious as to how you like it. Seems to have some good features compared to the Lews Magnesium. Both have the same braking system and near everything else. Abu has aluminum frMe and longer handle which I like better of the 2. Thoughts?
I watched a video on youtube (not in English) where the guy weighed the spool and I think it was like 12 grams with the bearing. I have always thought Abu was 3rd behind the main 2. The braking systems have gotten questionable reviews, but maybe the light spool helps that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzQy4TNg6So

Scratch that, watched it again, guy weighed it at 11 grams with bearing. Right around the 6:16 mark on that video...

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Abu Gen4 Revo Premier

Post by down4ttown » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:50 pm

My partner has one. It is a pretty nice reel. It feels solid (more solid than the Team Lew's anyway). It fishes similar to the Revo Rocket but it is noticeably lighter. The gears feel smoother too. I fished it a couple of times and would buy one at the right price (just not MSRP ha ha).