Been living under a rock all winter long, please update me.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Been living under a rock all winter long, please update me.

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:43 am

Anyone know what the Daiwa 18 SV light LTD is?
I havent been around this forum all winter, Sorry if I missed out on new and up and coming things. I feel like I need to get caught up on all this tackle talk again.

BTW whats everyones conclusion on the Steez A TW?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Been living under a rock all winter long, please update me.

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:22 pm

It's an SS SV with a new 32 mm spool. The other changes are obvious. Hopefully the spool becomes available for purchase.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:It's an SS SV with a new 32 mm spool. The other changes are obvious. Hopefully the spool becomes available for purchase.
2nd that!!!! Looks perfect for 12lb FC. Eliminates the need for backing. Im currently using the 1012 Steez SV TW and I need a little backing.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:33 pm

ccass wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:It's an SS SV with a new 32 mm spool. The other changes are obvious. Hopefully the spool becomes available for purchase.
2nd that!!!! Looks perfect for 12lb FC. Eliminates the need for backing. Im currently using the 1012 Steez SV TW and I need a little backing.
Someone told me just a bit ago that it wouldn't work in the 1016 reels, which include the Steez SV (almost all variants), Zillion SV TW, etc. Really made me sad, I'd like a semi-BFS G1 spool.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:35 am

The spool would work in those reels you would just have to put in spacers to keep line from getting behind the spool (1mm thickness all the way around to make up the 2mm spool difference). Or you could use this spool in the AIR reels directly to have a bit more line capacity.