Another comparison reel post... sort of..

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Another comparison reel post... sort of..

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:26 am

Which reel for Jackall PU 170MH for jigs and trigs. Thinking to go with MET DC, MGL, or Steez SV TWS.

3 Very excellent reels, not biased toward one another because I already fish with Met13, MetMGL, Steez SV.

I know it's illegal to pair a Daiwa on a Shimano rod, but who cares lol the Steez is a sweet reel and I'll make an exception. Just cant for the life of me decide which to pair the rod with. HELP! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Another comparison reel post... sort of..

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:33 am

There is a ton of cross - breeding that goes on here ;) . Completely normal and acceptable.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:36 am

Finnz922 wrote:There is a ton of cross - breeding that goes on here ;) . Completely normal and acceptable.

Cross breeding lolz. So I guess that makes it +1 vote for Daiwa :lol:

Hyaweh
Angler
Angler

Post by Hyaweh » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:03 am

Theyre all good reels so you ll be happy with either ones. I havent tried the MGLs but I do own a few Steez and tried the MET DC.
The Steez SV is by far the best reel Ive ever casted. Its hard to backlash, casts like a dream and all the way from america to asia. You can even
spool lighter line and go BFS. Reel is smooth as butter aswell. Now, the MET DC isn't any worst, altho personnaly I'm not fan of DC reels.
That being said, it is also a distance caster and can outcast the steez when using over 3/8oz. It casts not bad with lighter lure either but sweet spot for me is
definitely around 3/8oz(casting a frog is crazy nice).

If you primarily throw jigs, I would suggest the Steez. Dont get me wrong however, the MET DC is a very nice reel and the dc sound you get when you cast is
melody to your hear. It all comes to preference. Try the reel before choosing is your best bet. Cheers.