Best knobs for Lew’s Handle

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Best knobs for Lew’s Handle

Post by TK_duluthbass » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:40 pm

I have some Lew’s carbon fiber handles that I have mounted on my Daiwas. When I bought them I thought that I could put my Daiwa SV103 knobs on the Lew’s, but the hole is too small on the knob. I have a Shimano knob that fits, but not sure if I’d like any of their knobs. The Lew’s knobs are way too thin. Looking for some recommendations. I’m also open to trade knobs or handles as long as it’s carbon fiber and fits Daiwa reels and knobs.

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Best knobs for Lew’s Handle

Post by TommyG » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Abu knobs will fit on the Lews handles.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:23 pm

TK_duluthbass wrote:I have some Lew’s carbon fiber handles that I have mounted on my Daiwas. When I bought them I thought that I could put my Daiwa SV103 knobs on the Lew’s, but the hole is too small on the knob. I have a Shimano knob that fits, but not sure if I’d like any of their knobs. The Lew’s knobs are way too thin. Looking for some recommendations. I’m also open to trade knobs or handles as long as it’s carbon fiber and fits Daiwa reels and knobs.
That's rough bud. Lews has some nice, affordable carbon handles. It's a shame Daiwa knobs do not fit. Your best bet is Abu, or swap handles.

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:01 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
TK_duluthbass wrote:I have some Lew’s carbon fiber handles that I have mounted on my Daiwas. When I bought them I thought that I could put my Daiwa SV103 knobs on the Lew’s, but the hole is too small on the knob. I have a Shimano knob that fits, but not sure if I’d like any of their knobs. The Lew’s knobs are way too thin. Looking for some recommendations. I’m also open to trade knobs or handles as long as it’s carbon fiber and fits Daiwa reels and knobs.
That's rough bud. Lews has some nice, affordable carbon handles. It's a shame Daiwa knobs do not fit. Your best bet is Abu, or swap handles.
Abu has the same diameter as the Daiwa knobs.

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:05 am

Never mind, my gen 1 stx knobs fit. I was pretty sure I used Winch knobs on a Tatula handle but I must have just used the whole winch handle.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:41 pm

TK_duluthbass wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Abu has the same diameter as the Daiwa knobs.
The Abu knobs are usually larger inside diameter than the Daiwa/Shimano knobs. If you want cheap carbon handles look into the Ray's Studio handles on Aliexpress and the Basszone handles on Ebay.

finfinder
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by finfinder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:37 am

I use the Lews carbon fiber 95mm handle with the Abu replacement EVA knobs. Works for me.