Zillion Type R - levelwind bearing?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Zillion Type R - levelwind bearing?

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 am

Hi,

Does anybody can tell me if the Zillion Type R, from its 12 bb, has at the levelwind 1 or 2 bearing (s)?

The internal gearing is made of brass?

Tks

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Zillion Type R - levelwind bearing?

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:57 am

One bearing on the LW, and thats all it will accept. Drive, pinion, and levelwind gears are brass.
<")))><{

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:39 pm

2 in each knob (4 total handle), 2 on pinion, 2 for spool, 2 on main gear/shaft, 1 on levelwind, 1 roller anti-reverse bearing for 12 total.

Ovidiu-Andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ovidiu-Andrei » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 am

Great reel with bearings in key points...
Nowadays not even Antares or Metanium doesnt have bearings on the levelwind...

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:01 pm

Ovidiu-Andrei wrote:Great reel with bearings in key points...
I've never noticed much difference when adding them to cheaper reels. Having Tatula's and Zillion TWS reels with an extra levelwind bearing or 2 doesn't change how it ever feels for me...

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:12 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
I've never noticed much difference when adding them to cheaper reels. Having Tatula's and Zillion TWS reels with an extra levelwind bearing or 2 doesn't change how it ever feels for me...
When I service Tatulas, I tell people to add them. At first they dont understand, but when I give them the reel back, they do. All my clients notice immediately the better retrieve smoothness. The bearings help, if you at least use a decent bearing, and the fact that the lubes I use help to make reels smoother as well.
<")))><{

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
When I service Tatulas, I tell people to add them. At first they dont understand, but when I give them the reel back, they do. All my clients notice immediately the better retrieve smoothness. The bearings help, if you at least use a decent bearing, and the fact that the lubes I use help to make reels smoother as well.
Well... To be honest I got a pack of super cheap bearings from Amazon, so I figure you are correct. I couldn't even get the rubbery blue seal off the ones I had.
Where or what are the best mix of cheap yet performing 4x7x2.5's (think that is the size if I remember)???

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:45 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Well... To be honest I got a pack of super cheap bearings from Amazon, so I figure you are correct. I couldn't even get the rubbery blue seal off the ones I had.
Where or what are the best mix of cheap yet performing 4x7x2.5's (think that is the size if I remember)???
Dont buy bearings with rubber seals, they tend to bind. No need for them for a frame bearing. Just SS metal shielded bearings is all you need.
<")))><{