Best UL BC for trouts in small streams

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Best UL BC for trouts in small streams

Post by adam lancia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:57 am

fffishing wrote:Depend of situation...mostly it's 0.1-0.2 PE line vs some fluoro or mono leader. lowest I'v tryed 0.06PE Duel Armored F+pro 2.5lb,now just got some Nanofil 4lb,-some guys tell it's good too.
The rods...Now build Matagi TWG-562XUL 0,2-1,0 gr line 1-2 lb :)
I can't wait to see the video! I'm going to be exploring my casting abilities this spring too.

With a rod that light, you might as well be using an al dente piece of spaghetti! Is it a solid blank or hollow?

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:08 am

adam lancia wrote:
fffishing wrote:
I can't wait to see the video! I'm going to be exploring my casting abilities this spring too.

With a rod that light, you might as well be using an al dente piece of spaghetti! Is it a solid blank or hollow?
Yea! Spagetti is no problem too :lol:
It's solid tip,pretty long,-16",and soft enough
Attachments
IMG_2615[1].jpg
IMG_2615[1].jpg (38.47 KiB) Viewed 3239 times
IMG_2614[1].jpg
IMG_2614[1].jpg (43.08 KiB) Viewed 3239 times

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:11 am

ccass wrote:
fffishing wrote:
Im running 2lb Nanofil with a leader. Surprisingly strong line, just make sure your joining knot is good
I'm surprised,but don't see 2lb in Sail and Bass Pro... Will buy on e-Bay.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Update for anyone still interested.

I was raving about the KTF spool in the 16 Aldebaran BFS. I had the pleasure of getting an Avail 16ALD15 spool for the Aldebaran...it is a good step better than the KTF in terms of casting light lures with ease. The spool is a little more wild (prefers gentle casts) but, it is noticably better than the KTF spool for casting the tiniest of lures and in tight quarters. I am also still running a "non-micro" bearing on the spool. It takes a familiar size bearing but, not for spools. It has the same bearing size as a knob bearing. Ive been looking for an upgrade to the stock bearing but, cannot find a suitable upgrade. I may order a ceramic (like boca) in the exact size I need. It will add some noise but, I really dont care. Im looking for performance baby
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing