Alphas SV105 problem

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Alphas SV105 problem

Post by Tim Kelly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:34 am

Does anyone have a cure for the problem of constantly adjusting the cast control magnet settings inadvertently while fishing? I use a LHW SV105 and so my hand is constantly in the palming position whether casting or retrieving, three fingers in front of the trigger. I don't have this trouble with any of my Tatulas, zillions or SS SV. Is there a way of making the dial stiffer, so it's less likely to move accidentally?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Alphas SV105 problem

Post by toddmc » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Tim Kelly wrote:Does anyone have a cure for the problem of constantly adjusting the cast control magnet settings inadvertently while fishing? I use a LHW SV105 and so my hand is constantly in the palming position whether casting or retrieving, three fingers in front of the trigger. I don't have this trouble with any of my Tatulas, zillions or SS SV. Is there a way of making the dial stiffer, so it's less likely to move accidentally?
I have the same problem. The dial is a little too easy to turn. The edges of the dial are too squared off also. I much prefer the rounded dials, like those on the OG Zillion etc. You may be able to sand down the edges and refinish it, or replace it with the more rounded dial. I am tempted to do this to the SV105 and the Tatula Type-R that I own because both have the squared off dial.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Alphas SV105 problem

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:19 pm

The T3 or Steez SV TW mag dials are nice. They are recessed and really nice. I do find myself hitting the dial on my reels that have the same type of mag dial.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing