Curado K

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Curado K

Post by Hulkster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 am

Hello, so I have a curado 200i and like it. however, I want to try the new SVS braking system (that you don't need to oil like the 200i's) and am considering upgrading to the curado K. but I am seeing lots of issues with the curado Ks, mainly the clutch bar coming apart/breaking and the cast control dial either being hard to turn, too tight or seized.

how common are these issues? I don't recall seeing any issues with the 200i's other than the need to oil the brake drum to stop noise.

Did shimano drop the ball? or are these issues fairly rare?

is it worth it to upgrade?

Is it worth the risk given there seems to be issues?

all thoughts are welcome

thanks

-Hulk

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Curado K

Post by bronzebacks » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:14 pm

It is leaps and bounds over the 200i to me. Cast a lot better and smooth like a high end shimano. I do love the 70s tho

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:20 pm

I don't own one but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one.

But I'm gonna wait for the Bantam MGL

arrowslinger1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by arrowslinger1 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:23 am

There is a post about the thumb bars on the first run of these not having enough glue. According to bantam, the issue has been fixed. This is by far the most refined curado ever produced. I added two bearings per knob and one on the worm gear making it an amazing reel. They gained a bearing on the drive shaft like the chronarch mgl and metanium. For the money I don't think you can beat them. Also, they cast much better than the i. I highly recommend them. The only small complaint I have is that the adj dial is stiff at first.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:53 am

What are you using it for or which techniques and fish are you going after???

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:50 pm

I use it mainly for big blade baits and big cranks that's why I have the PG version of the I series.

im just intrigued by the improvement to the SVS brakes. you don't need to oil the new ones.