Steez A SV?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 am

Steez A SV?

Postby iabass8 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm

My Steez SV TW came /w a Steez reel cover and at least 2bb in the handle. Can't remember..swapped it for a Zillion Type R CF handle right away...My Steez A SV did not come /w a reel cover and it also came with 4 bushings in the handle. Anybody else notice this? I want my Steez reel cover :crying:

Love the reel though.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Steez A SV?

Postby iabass8 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Guess I could have just read the TT review
](*,)

Antonese
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Re: Steez A SV?

Postby Antonese » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:18 am

Hey on the bright side.... Still a sweet reel brother! Congrats

User avatar
ccass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: Steez A SV?

Postby ccass » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:28 am

The bushings are probably because of the use in saltwater.

Also, check these reel covers out:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32611794288.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32611794288

Pretty sick for the money. Are pretty close to the real thing. I have some and they work great. They run slightly small
Hobie-Wan Kenobi

User avatar
Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 821
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: North GA

Re: Steez A SV?

Postby Cracker » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:19 am

ccass wrote:The bushings are probably because of the use in saltwater.

Also, check these reel covers out:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32611794288.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32611794288

Pretty sick for the money. Are pretty close to the real thing. I have some and they work great. They run slightly small



Wow! They look like OEM Steez cover reel bags. Wish I could get that order split, because I don't need so many.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Steez A SV?

Postby iabass8 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:50 pm

ccass wrote:The bushings are probably because of the use in saltwater.

Also, check these reel covers out:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32611794288.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32611794288

Pretty sick for the money. Are pretty close to the real thing. I have some and they work great. They run slightly small


Thanks bud! Am i reading that right...5 covers for 32.80?

User avatar
ccass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: Steez A SV?

Postby ccass » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:29 pm

iabass8 wrote:
ccass wrote:The bushings are probably because of the use in saltwater.

Also, check these reel covers out:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32611794288.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32611794288

Pretty sick for the money. Are pretty close to the real thing. I have some and they work great. They run slightly small


Thanks bud! Am i reading that right...5 covers for 32.80?


I got mine for 28 shipped :whistle:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:28 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Steez A SV?

Postby Strewth » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:42 pm

iabass8 wrote:My Steez SV TW came /w a Steez reel cover and at least 2bb in the handle. Can't remember..swapped it for a Zillion Type R CF handle right away...My Steez A SV did not come /w a reel cover and it also came with 4 bushings in the handle. Anybody else notice this? I want my Steez reel cover :crying:

Love the reel though.


The 1012SV G1 spool in this reel is amazing. Throws the light stuff really well, but also handles heavier lures with no loss in distance. Makes it a casting machine. The stock spool will cast down to 1/4 oz after flushing and lubing the spool bearings with TSI 321 (or some other light oil), but comes into its own for lures > 1/2 oz.

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Steez A SV?

Postby iabass8 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:32 am

ccass wrote:
iabass8 wrote:
ccass wrote:The bushings are probably because of the use in saltwater.

Also, check these reel covers out:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32611794288.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32611794288

Pretty sick for the money. Are pretty close to the real thing. I have some and they work great. They run slightly small


Thanks bud! Am i reading that right...5 covers for 32.80?


I got mine for 28 shipped :whistle:


Ha! When you say they run slightly small...are these too small for a Tatula CT SV? or will it just be a tight fit. I'm assuming they will be fine on a TD-Z or the Steez SV TW as those are pretty small reels in general. I really like rod glove covers but my biggest complaint /w them is you have to attach them in 2 places. I like how steez covers just wrap and attach.


Return to “Reels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests