Daiwa Tatula HD 153 size

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
bigturtle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:23 am

Daiwa Tatula HD 153 size

Postby bigturtle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:38 am

Anyone know if the physical size of the 153 is smaller than that of the 150? The 150 is the size of the original tatula, would 153 be of CT size?

http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/re ... index.html

User avatar
LowRange
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Daiwa Tatula HD 153 size

Postby LowRange » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:49 pm

bigturtle wrote:Anyone know if the physical size of the 153 is smaller than that of the 150? The 150 is the size of the original tatula, would 153 be of CT size?

http://www.daiwa.com/jp/fishing/item/re ... index.html


It appears to be the old tat frame. The shallower spool indicates that it may be a Magforce Z reel unlike the previous fixed inductor tat HDs. Is Magforce Z listed anywhere?

bigturtle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Daiwa Tatula HD 153 size

Postby bigturtle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:39 pm

LowRange wrote:It appears to be the old tat frame. The shallower spool indicates that it may be a Magforce Z reel unlike the previous fixed inductor tat HDs. Is Magforce Z listed anywhere?


Yes, the 153 HD has MagForce Z

DirtyD64
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Daiwa Tatula HD 153 size

Postby DirtyD64 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:27 am

Wonder if a 150 spool could or would replace the HD spool. Only downfall to my Tatula HD is that dang fixed inductor, even though it seems fine for now as a deep cranking/chatterbait reel...

bigturtle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:23 am

Re: Daiwa Tatula HD 153 size

Postby bigturtle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:54 am

DirtyD64 wrote:Wonder if a 150 spool could or would replace the HD spool. Only downfall to my Tatula HD is that dang fixed inductor, even though it seems fine for now as a deep cranking/chatterbait reel...

You mean if a 153 spool can fit into the original HD reel? Daiwa lists them both as 36mm spool, so im guessing they are interchangeable

DirtyD64
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Daiwa Tatula HD 153 size

Postby DirtyD64 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:21 am

bigturtle wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:Wonder if a 150 spool could or would replace the HD spool. Only downfall to my Tatula HD is that dang fixed inductor, even though it seems fine for now as a deep cranking/chatterbait reel...

You mean if a 153 spool can fit into the original HD reel? Daiwa lists them both as 36mm spool, so im guessing they are interchangeable


That should be perfect then... I know my original Tatula Type R spool fits in the HD, but there is a decent amount of gap around the spool lip, and the Tatula HD spool will not go into the original Tatula Type R frame even.


Return to “Reels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests