Handle spool interchangeable between which Lews?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Handle spool interchangeable between which Lews?

Post by freelancer27 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:12 am

Hi all,

I currently own a Lews BB2 Inshore for which I would like to buy a new handle for (not a fan of the round knobs). Instead of buying just a new handle I am wondering if I could buy a lower priced Lews reel and switch the handles and maybe even the spool.

A bit of a weird question, but I am wondering if people could help me figure out which lower priced Lews reels would fit this picture.

Thanks all.

Cheers.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Handle spool interchangeable between which Lews?

Post by Jason Penn » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:38 am

I don't own any Lews reels or know if knobs are removeable, but if they you may be able to replace them with knobs off of an Abu or BPS reel.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:13 am

Any handle that fits Lews, Daiwa, Abu, BPS, pfluger, and dang near everything but Shimano will fit a Lews.
<")))><{

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TommyG » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:55 pm

You can get a Daiwa Zillion handle from TTT, just have to get the retainer and screw as well. Then the knob choices are much better.