ZPI NRC001-M Spool vs RCS 1012 sv G1?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: ZPI NRC001-M Spool vs RCS 1012 sv G1?

Post by Teal101 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:11 pm

hungry_cow wrote:Teal if you could also compare the new ZPI spools to the RC-002 spool that would be great. I know you have your share of those!
I am planning a comparison. :mrgreen: I love me some ZPI goodness.

On my scale the 001m weighs 7.21g while the 002s pictured weighs 12.44g. The 002s vary slightly imo due to paint thickness.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:13 am

Teal101 wrote:
hungry_cow wrote:Teal if you could also compare the new ZPI spools to the RC-002 spool that would be great. I know you have your share of those!

On my scale the 001m weighs 7.21g while the 002s pictured weighs 12.44g. The 002s vary slightly imo due to paint thickness.
That is without bearing, right?

fishinblack
Angler
Angler

Post by fishinblack » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:14 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Teal101 wrote:

Nope, it's including the bearing :D
Mine shows 7,3 g for the 001M
Instagram: @fish.in.black

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:12 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Teal101 wrote:

Thats bearing included. It's incredibly light. Right there with the Cosugi, KTF Alphas, and Zonda BFS spool.
I like TD-Z's

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:44 am

Teal101 wrote:
adam lancia wrote:
masterbass wrote:Has anyone tried the pg in a first gen steez? I'm wondering if it will be too wild.
I'm wondering this as well. My thumb is still a little slow as of yet. I guess if someone could compare the PG or M to a Blue Emblem, that would be a great gauging point for me.
:mrgreen:
So did you try these yet or what...? My wallet PayPal is poised and ready lol

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:44 am

I have yet to get the 001m wet, its in a new reel in the lineup I still need parts for
I like TD-Z's

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:05 am

adam lancia wrote:So did you try these yet or what...? My wallet PayPal is poised and ready lol
I've fished the old ZPI spools for years and have a bunch of them. I've put in a lot of time with the new PG and M spools, primarily in Zillion SV TW and Steez SV TW platforms. The M spool, I've fished quite a bit in the TD-Ito and TD-Z variants. The M is amazing, but I much prefer the PG in general. The PG is capable of casting lighter baits without a problem paired with the right rod/line - I'm not saying it's a "BFS" spool, but for general fishing down to 1/4 oz or so, it's incredible, but still has the line capacity if you wanted to spool up with heavier line for other applications. The PG spool is without a doubt one of the finest spools I've ever fished, I can't think of one I'd rather have for pure performance. Yes, I like it better than the Blue Emblem and all the old ZPI spools. The M spool is also fantastic, but a bit more "wild" than the PG, but still very manageable. They keep selling out at The Tackle Trap shortly after they arrive and are hard to get. We have a group due in this week finally, once those are gone, it will likely be this summer before we can get any more.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:43 am

bronzefly wrote:
adam lancia wrote:So did you try these yet or what...? My wallet PayPal is poised and ready lol
I've fished the old ZPI spools for years and have a bunch of them. I've put in a lot of time with the new PG and M spools, primarily in Zillion SV TW and Steez SV TW platforms. The M spool, I've fished quite a bit in the TD-Ito and TD-Z variants. The M is amazing, but I much prefer the PG in general. The PG is capable of casting lighter baits without a problem paired with the right rod/line - I'm not saying it's a "BFS" spool, but for general fishing down to 1/4 oz or so, it's incredible, but still has the line capacity if you wanted to spool up with heavier line for other applications. The PG spool is without a doubt one of the finest spools I've ever fished, I can't think of one I'd rather have for pure performance. Yes, I like it better than the Blue Emblem and all the old ZPI spools. The M spool is also fantastic, but a bit more "wild" than the PG, but still very manageable. They keep selling out at The Tackle Trap shortly after they arrive and are hard to get. We have a group due in this week finally, once those are gone, it will likely be this summer before we can get any more.
Thanks for weighing in Gary, I really appreciate that! Sounds like I should get in line for a PG at some point, especially if you like it more than a BE. PM coming your way, thanks!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:51 pm

adam lancia wrote:
Thanks for weighing in Gary, I really appreciate that! Sounds like I should get in line for a PG at some point, especially if you like it more than a BE. PM coming your way, thanks!
Returned, thank you.

A bunch of ZPI spools in, a bunch out. Only a few left in stock and updated on the website guys, thank you!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap