Zillion Type R Question

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
medicpelle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Zillion Type R Question

Post by medicpelle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Some how the threads for the knob on my handle stripped and I cannot screw in the knob. I tried to tap it with out success. I am needing a replacement handle and looking for suggestions.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Zillion Type R Question

Post by Teal101 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Daiwa has the RCS handles, Megabass has their CF handles, and ZPI makes a great swept handle as well. Lots of options in the 90mm range, some add some flare.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:02 am

The Tackle Trap has the whole handle assembly in stock. Check it out.

http://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_pa ... ts_id=3303
<")))><{

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:36 am

medicpelle wrote:Some how the threads for the knob on my handle stripped and I cannot screw in the knob. I tried to tap it with out success. I am needing a replacement handle and looking for suggestions.
You might just need to drill it a little deeper and use a longer screw (unless you've tried that already). This is, however, a very convenient reason to order a new, spiffy carbonfiber handle :lol: =D> \:D/

medicpelle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by medicpelle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:41 am

No I did not try to tap deeper and use a longer screw however I might try that. I found the stock handle on Tackle Trap for $112.99 :shock:

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:53 am

Yeah, that isn't a cheap handle to source. I'd try tapping deeper, drilling if need be. Worst case, you can pick up a newer Zillion handle for fairly cheap. You might even consider taking the handle to a machine shop to see if they can do something with it.

medicpelle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by medicpelle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:12 am

Thanks for the help guys. Figures that the most expensive handle is the one I have an issue with :lol: