13 Fishing spinning reels on Tackle Warehouse.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 13 Fishing spinning reels on Tackle Warehouse.

Post by karirick » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:56 pm

Wasn't trying to offend and I do see the future is moving that way. I still like the feel of metal for now; but the light weight is pretty impressive no doubt.

Kudos to you for pushing the envelope and doing new things....

Rick

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:32 pm

I'm finishing up a comparision between
the creed K
The googan squad defender red white and blue reel
The mitchel 300

The mitchell smokes both of them. Not a bad reel at all actually. Not a name associated with fancy gear....and lord knows what factory in ishkabibble is making it...But In terms of drag smoothness, overall fit and finish, overall feel, line lay and line management. The other two are very low quality. Geary, raspy sounding rickety egg beaters with pretty paint schemes....Thazzit.

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:05 am

The New Prototype Series Reels are incredible quality with top notch engineering and tech. These are $200-325 reels.

its really hard to look at $50-60 products and even compare them to the elite level products.

We look forward to hearing anglers feedback when they get their hands on these reels....I think they will be very very impressed. We have been working on our high end spinning platform for a very long time.

Matt
13 Fishing

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:11 pm

13Fishing wrote:The New Prototype Series Reels are incredible quality with top notch engineering and tech. These are $200-325 reels.

its really hard to look at $50-60 products and even compare them to the elite level products.

We look forward to hearing anglers feedback when they get their hands on these reels....I think they will be very very impressed. We have been working on our high end spinning platform for a very long time.

Matt
13 Fishing
What kind of oscillation system is used on the new High end reels?

You mentioned larger spool diameter earlier in the thread. Are they taller spools as well?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:39 am

We have developed a new short stroke oscillation system, its an S-style system. The advantage of this system is less line twist, and better line management. The tackle industry hasn't explored this direction enough and finding the optimum spool diameter, and length oscillation I think is key to performance. Spool height, and lip design is also important but would change depending on the diameter and line lay method. You will see that the Prototype series has its own unique sizing and capacities.

We still have many performance gains yet to come in tackle design. Many companies are competing for your hard earned money. Our Prototype Series reels aim to show you that we are one of the serious tackle design companies that are committed to deliver highly competitive unique performance driven designs.

Matt
13 Fishing

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:37 pm

13Fishing wrote:We have developed a new short stroke oscillation system, its an S-style system. The advantage of this system is less line twist, and better line management. The tackle industry hasn't explored this direction enough and finding the optimum spool diameter, and length oscillation I think is key to performance. Spool height, and lip design is also important but would change depending on the diameter and line lay method. You will see that the Prototype series has its own unique sizing and capacities.

We still have many performance gains yet to come in tackle design. Many companies are competing for your hard earned money. Our Prototype Series reels aim to show you that we are one of the serious tackle design companies that are committed to deliver highly competitive unique performance driven designs.

Matt
13 Fishing
Sounds interesting. So it uses a syncronized S shaped oscillation slider/ traverse cam to promote even line lay.......Simple, reliable....cool with me.

What material is the main and pinion gear made out.

Any proprietary ar clutch design. Or is it a lego part like pretty much anyone else but shimano's "super stopper".

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:50 am

I definitely wouldn't refer to anything as a "Lego" part. Our 10 pin "Harsh Environment Anti-Reverse" is a product of co-operation between our team and the Japanese bearing factory. These were designed and developed specifically to be as durable an anti-reverse as possible in a fishing reel and we are confident through testing that we have a superior anti-reverse system.

I personally do not believe an "on/off switch" anti-reverse serves any purpose in the use of a spinning reel, and it is my strong belief that an "on/off" style clutch is significantly less durable than a well designed quality anti-reverse bearing without the "on/off" feature.

Matt
13 Fishing

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:08 am

So you're saying that clutch is not a part one could just call the company and order?
That's what i meant by lego part. Not an insult or a jab. And it's not the same part found in other reels such as Okuma?

I'm with you 100% about the AR switch.....the .01% who backreel is a small group. For the majority it just serves as an entry point for contaminants. And for salt and surf allows easy access for saltwater to make it to the ar clutch.

Is there anything special about the gearing gear material?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:42 pm

I suppose if you were aware of the new development Japanese roller bearings prior to them being offered, you could purchase a stock bearing in whatever size was offered. Typically its the inside sleeve that might need to be customized and precision machined to the product. That being said, this part is in no fishing reel I am aware of on the planet. Its literally the latest, best quality component we have ever tested. We certainly COULD spend a ton of time and money on a unique anti-reverse, or even get exclusivity on a specific A/R bearing. But then we might be financially committed to it, and have to use it for 4 years when newer and better A/R tech is available.

...just because a company tooled a roller clutch with an on/off capability certainly doesn't mean it is the best or even among the best. As stated before I believe strongly that adding an on/off switch severely diminishes durability. A Handful of tackle brands have invested in a unique tooled part like this.....all have reliability issues. The Anti-Reverse is arguably the part that takes the most abuse in all designs, as every single bit of pressure applied by the fish, the angler, and the lure pulls against it.

We will work with the best bearing vendors around the world to make sure we have the best tech available in our flagship reels.

Matt
13 Fishing

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:56 pm

The 4D Forged gearing in the new Prototype X and TX, and the UCG(Ultimate Cut Gearing) is equal to or better than ANY reel in the pricepoint from any brand. We have been working for a very long time on gear development, this is why we waited 5 years to launch a high-end performance spinning reel platform.

We know this is a bold statement. We will let the reels speak for themselves when they become available in early 2018.

Matt
13 Fishing