Steeze sv

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Steeze sv

Post by Pegasus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Just when I found a good deal on a Steeze SV , I am learning about sticking inductors issues.
Any truth to this ? why wouldn't Daiwa put the white spacer in their top of the line reel.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steeze sv

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:29 pm

You're good to go with the USDM SV103 and SV TW. also I can't speak for the Jdm limited models with the dimpled spool.

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pegasus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:19 pm

I wanted the Steeze sv not Zillion 103 sv

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:03 am

Pegasus wrote:I wanted the Steeze sv not Zillion 103 sv
Yes, the USDM Steez SV is indeed Steez SV103. Take the word Steez away and you have a Zillion.

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:48 pm

I was going to pose this question to begin a new thread, but it seems appropriate to ask it here.

I acquired a used righty SS SV 103H and a used lefty SS SV 103SHL over the past month.

The righty version, SSSV 103SH, has the Steez "brand" or logo on the very front of the reel. The front of the reel is a smooth curve.

The lefty version 103SHL does NOT have the Steez name, but instead is all chrome except for a small red horizontal insert.The front comes to an angular point, unlike the righty's curve.

The boxes are identical except for the model number.

I'm guessing that they must have been made at different times, with Daiwa tweaking the design.

I would appreciate some expert opinions.

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:51 pm

correcting my post, the righty number should be 103SH....

I left out the "S"

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:18 pm

BlaineFred wrote:I was going to pose this question to begin a new thread, but it seems appropriate to ask it here.

I acquired a used righty SS SV 103H and a used lefty SS SV 103SHL over the past month.

The righty version, SSSV 103SH, has the Steez "brand" or logo on the very front of the reel. The front of the reel is a smooth curve.

The lefty version 103SHL does NOT have the Steez name, but instead is all chrome except for a small red horizontal insert.The front comes to an angular point, unlike the righty's curve.

The boxes are identical except for the model number.

I'm guessing that they must have been made at different times, with Daiwa tweaking the design.

I would appreciate some expert opinions.
Whoever you acquired the reel from simply replaced the stock front plate with a Steez front plate. Part is readily available at the Tackletrap.

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:43 am

Thanks for the info.