Shimano Antares

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
kingzfan71
Angler
Angler

Shimano Antares

Post by kingzfan71 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:19 pm

I just got a used one of these reels from Japan and I would like to polish out some of the scratches it has. Most of the scratches are superficial, I would just like to get it as close to new as possible. Does anyone have any experience in doing this? Or any tips that anyone could recommend. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Antares

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:55 am

A good way would be to get a fabuluster cloth

You can also use tungsten disulfide (great to have for dry lubing bearings)

Accidently found out how awesome it works. It's a mirror finish as is...But after wiping off the Tungsten disulfide powder..it made it rediculously bright. Didn't really fill in any scratches but was kinda cool

kingzfan71
Angler
Angler

Post by kingzfan71 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:11 am

ScoobyDoo wrote:A good way would be to get a fabuluster cloth

Accidently found out how awesome it works. It's a mirror finish as is...But after wiping off the Tungsten disulfide powder..it made it rediculously bright. Didn't really fill in any scratches but was kinda cool

Thanks Scooby I thought if anyone would know it be you but I didn't want to bug you about it.
Looking forward to your next video!

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:04 pm

kingzfan71 wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:A good way would be to get a fabuluster cloth

Thanks Scooby I thought if anyone would know it be you but I didn't want to bug you about it.
Looking forward to your next video!
No worries. Never a bother.
Thanks....
Going to do another supertune...My stellas were due for a lube job...Just did a stella 4k and polished everything inside and out. (didn't film it)..wow what a difference. Going to film it doing the 3k FI now that I know it's worth the time.