Best place to buy Daiwa Parts or Tuning?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Best place to buy Daiwa Parts or Tuning?

Post by Kurt L » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Can you tell me the best place to buy Daiwa casting reel parts? I have a Lexa 300 that I would like to try a new gear set in, it has been fairly rough since day one but a great reel so I would like to upgrade the gears or have it tuned, Same with a Tat Type R CT
I just got, its noisy and a bit rough but again a great reel, Can anybody recommend a good person to tune them up?

Thanks, Kurt

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Best place to buy Daiwa Parts or Tuning?

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:31 pm

The Tackle Trap is a Tackle Tour Sponsor, a Daiwa dealer, a Daiwa authorized Warranty Center, and stocks an ever expanding selection of parts. If there are parts you need that aren't in stock, orders are made weekly and parts come in frequently. Bryan Lambert is a top notch reel tech, is a Tackle Tour member as well, pikeroadbassn, and is the chief reel tech at The Tackle Trap.

The Tackle Trap Reel Service Page
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:56 am

bronzefly wrote:The Tackle Trap is a Tackle Tour Sponsor, a Daiwa dealer, a Daiwa authorized Warranty Center, and stocks an ever expanding selection of parts. If there are parts you need that aren't in stock, orders are made weekly and parts come in frequently. Bryan Lambert is a top notch reel tech, is a Tackle Tour member as well, pikeroadbassn, and is the chief reel tech at The Tackle Trap.

The Tackle Trap Reel Service Page
So....does having an in-house magician like pikeroadbassn tempt you to slack off a little on your maintenance? ;)

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Kurt L » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:53 pm

I have tried to buy from tackle trap before but they would not ship to Alaska. I started buying most of my reels from Japan because shipping is easy, from the lower 48 it's getting harder and harder. But... the last three JDM Shimano's I bought have all had quality control issues ](*,) so I'm starting to test the waters with Daiwa after 30+ years of Shimano.

Kurt

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 pm

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/optionparts/
Take a look here,I'm using this site for parts and some rod-reel...
And for work on it...If you want to do something right,better do it yourself.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Kurt L wrote:I have tried to buy from tackle trap before but they would not ship to Alaska
That's odd. TTT has shipped to Alaska many times. Feel free to send me a PM if you would like to try again or encounter any problems.
mark poulson wrote:So....does having an in-house magician like pikeroadbassn tempt you to slack off a little on your maintenance? ;)
Yes it does and I'm grateful every time :big grin:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Markanthony404
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Markanthony404 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Try Dave's parts and service, South western parts and service or The Reel Doctor in Canada. Plat will have a lot of parts you can't find in the states but expect to pay at least $40 to ship an order.

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Kurt L » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:25 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Kurt L wrote:I have tried to buy from tackle trap before but they would not ship to Alaska
That's odd. TTT has shipped to Alaska many times. Feel free to send me a PM if you would like to try again or encounter any problems.
mark poulson wrote:So....does having an in-house magician like pikeroadbassn tempt you to slack off a little on your maintenance? ;)
Yes it does and I'm grateful every time :big grin:
Thanks Bronzefly, I tried to order twice prior online and Alaska was not an option for shipping, I saw a few parts I could use I'll try again!

Thanks, Kurt