13 Fishing Concept Z

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
curls
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z

Post by curls » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:41 am

Slazmo wrote:This was posted on FB

"13 Fishing
Name Name we aim to prove that these CZB bearings are BOTH smooth and durable. We don't claim they perform equally to ball bearings....we are stating they exceed ball bearing performance.
1 hour ago · Like1More"

Closest thing to CZB was CSB in search results and they're a 'self lubricating slide bushing', so a bi-composite metallic bushing.
Maybe something similar to these: http://www.lm76.com/selflube_vs__ball.htm

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:57 am

curls wrote:
Slazmo wrote:This was posted on FB

"13 Fishing
Name Name we aim to prove that these CZB bearings are BOTH smooth and durable. We don't claim they perform equally to ball bearings....we are stating they exceed ball bearing performance.
1 hour ago · Like1More"

Closest thing to CZB was CSB in search results and they're a 'self lubricating slide bushing', so a bi-composite metallic bushing.
Maybe something similar to these: http://www.lm76.com/selflube_vs__ball.htm
That is an interesting link. Thanks.

Carylab
Angler
Angler

Post by Carylab » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:10 pm

What's the release date?

diehardbassfishing
Angler
Angler

Post by diehardbassfishing » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:29 am

Spring 2018 release.

Z Bearing:
I'm thinking Delrin bushings. Much like Teflon but Delrin is harder material, and would lend itself as a better polymer to machine a precision bushing.

The link in post above shows a metal bushing lined inside with PTFE (Teflon). Wonder about pros and cons of using a "two piece" bushing vs. a solid polymer. The bi-composite would likely provide a tighter manufacturing tolerance, and better environmental tolerance.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:37 am

diehardbassfishing wrote:Spring 2018 release.

Z Bearing:
I'm thinking Delrin bushings. Much like Teflon but Delrin is harder material, and would lend itself as a better polymer to machine a precision bushing.

The link in post above shows a metal bushing lined inside with PTFE (Teflon). Wonder about pros and cons of using a "two piece" bushing vs. a solid polymer. The bi-composite would likely provide a tighter manufacturing tolerance, and better environmental tolerance.
This is really getting my curiosity up, for sure! This is the first time I've really looked forward to I CAST, other than Bobby Barrack's videos. =P~

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:35 pm

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Can't wait to get one!

nikbrewer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nikbrewer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:16 am

from looking at the picks, is this going to be based on the Origin or Concept frame? THe few pics i have seen make it look like the new Origin C, just in orange

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:00 pm

I was there today , it's smooth , no doubt about it...

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Seen the "bearings" on te TT feed on Insta, bushings nothing new. Was hoping for at least magnetic maglev spool bearings.

How long will these last, special lube for them, are they any different from say Shimano's polymer bushing on spools say as in their low end reels or the one in tge Calcutta that everyone swaps out for a bearing...

Honestly we should be at the forefront of 21st century kind of tech. Im pretty disappointed after all the hype.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:56 pm

Slazmo wrote:Seen the "bearings" on te TT feed on Insta, bushings nothing new. Was hoping for at least magnetic maglev spool bearings.

How long will these last, special lube for them, are they any different from say Shimano's polymer bushing on spools say as in their low end reels or the one in tge Calcutta that everyone swaps out for a bearing...

Honestly we should be at the forefront of 21st century kind of tech. Im pretty disappointed after all the hype.
Can you post a link to the bearings pictures?

I'm going to withhold judgement until either I get to use one, get a report from someone I know who's used one, or hear the TT review from Cal or Zander.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:59 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Slazmo wrote:Seen the "bearings" on te TT feed on Insta, bushings nothing new. Was hoping for at least magnetic maglev spool bearings.

I'm going to withhold judgement until either I get to use one, get a report from someone I know who's used one, or hear the TT review from Cal or Zander.
http://tackletour.com/reviewicast1713fi ... ceptz.html

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:04 pm

papabassin wrote:
mark poulson wrote:

http://tackletour.com/reviewicast1713fi ... ceptz.html
Thanks.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:09 pm

I know , right !?! almost like i fell for some kinda youtube clickbait.... wait , i did. :lol:
those 3D printers are amazing , almost like cheating , you can build anything you want...

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:39 pm

I've never had a problem with any bearings I have ever used, I don't fish salt water though....