Ringa SSS

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Ringa SSS

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Some of you may remember me asking questions and acquiring this reel. I have had every thing I can think about done to it and have had just about every spool in it from the 1012 ,1016, IS spools, original spool etc. All spools were tuned and I just never got that factor with this reel. When I thought I had made it to the place where I wanted this reel to be i was utterly disappointed and considered selling it for a very long time. I just could not understand how a reel that had such a good review and accolades be a disappointment even after all this money I threw at it.. Last time I thought I had it figured out, i'd hear the line trip over itself trying to come off the spool even with different size pinion shafts.. I just didnt care for the reel..

I am happy to say that with an TD-X 103p spool and zpi bearing added. I am elated to say FINALLY......it has happened
7.2:1 gears Spinnerbait and whatever I choose on the old IMX 843 rod. I never would have guessed it..So if you are like me and are at your wits end with a reel, do the unimaginable... The spool weighed in at .450 oz so it wasn't too heavy but performs great.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible