Kastking reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Kastking reels

Post by mark poulson » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 pm

I got an email from Bass Resources today, touting the Kastking bait casters.
Has anyone here tried one of their bait casters?
If so, how do they perform, and do they hold up?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Kastking reels

Post by Cristo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm

I have a buddy who agrees that for the money they are a treat! as for overall longevity? I have yet to hear anything in regards to that.

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:51 pm

mark poulson wrote:I got an email from Bass Resources today, touting the Kastking bait casters.
Has anyone here tried one of their bait casters?
If so, how do they perform, and do they hold up?
Bass Resource. That should tell you that they are pushing the product to make money. They did the same with Tuffline. Each of the so called "moderators" received a free spool and did an evaluation on it. Everyone praised the line as literally the next best thing. 4-5 days and they are praising it as gods gift to fishing line.

Nothing that site pushes will ever get a dime from me.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:58 am

Wow. They even go as far as emails to push their junky sponsors products? :lol: Oh man, thats about as comical as their moderators knowledge.
<")))><{

Tavery5
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tavery5 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 am

Kastking is it now. The last I knew they were pushing Pinnacle products as being the best kept secret in the fishing world. The products the push with their shill posts are about as reliable as the information provided by the most of Moderators that test them.

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:02 am

BR is run by a nutjob with a bunch of ok people and some nut jobs moderating for him. "Glenn" who runs the place will do anything and shill anything for a buck, and trash talk any company who won't give him a buck.

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Guess this explains how certain manufacturers mentioned on their forums show up as a bunch of asterisks.

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:45 am

I'd stay away personally and I agree, as soon as you challenge them the moderators or the man will lock the thread or delete your post. Even when your inquiry is honest and genuine. If you like Shishamo or Select Tackle, then you will like the Kastking. Check out YouTube. copycat site he was able interchange all parts with the three brands.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:28 am

Thanks for the info.

bigturtle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigturtle » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:43 pm

a friend bought the kastking royal and he said it feels like his abu silvermax

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:52 pm

cortman wrote:BR is run by a nutjob with a bunch of ok people and some nut jobs moderating for him. "Glenn" who runs the place will do anything and shill anything for a buck, and trash talk any company who won't give him a buck.
A few BR members started a discussion about one of my videos where I compared SHishamo, kastking, and Favorite...

Took all the reels apart and swapped 90% of the parts between the reels.
And gave em all away

They accused the members as being my surrogates....said I used foul language (said hell once which is why they took down links).....I'm crazy...and I don't know what I'm talking about. (no arguemnt about the crazy part though) There were a few threads that discussed my findings.....and since two were site sponsors they were locked down...to protect them
.2 were deleted (well the links no longer work)

One is still live

Truthfully their reels aren't horrible. For 40$ they are worth it.

HOwever the casitas, fuego ct, imho are worth the step up in price if you are shipping in the 70-100 price range.

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:12 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
cortman wrote:BR is run by a nutjob with a bunch of ok people and some nut jobs moderating for him. "Glenn" who runs the place will do anything and shill anything for a buck, and trash talk any company who won't give him a buck.
A few BR members started a discussion about one of my videos where I compared SHishamo, kastking, and Favorite...

And gave em all away

They accused the members as being my surrogates....said I used foul language (said hell once which is why they took down links).....I'm crazy...and I don't know what I'm talking about. (no arguemnt about the crazy part though) There were a few threads that discussed my findings.....and since two were site sponsors they were locked down...to protect them

One is still live

HOwever the casitas, fuego ct, imho are worth the step up in price if you are shipping in the 70-100 price range.
That was you! I thought it was informative, I will not purchase these knock offs ever.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:16 pm

lmbfisherman wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:

And gave em all away

One is still live

That was you! I thought it was informative, I will not purchase these knock offs ever.

Yup...been doing tear downs and reel reviews for the past decade on another saltwater centric boards.

Figured I'd start filming it

Thanks, Glad you got something out of it.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:26 pm

I don't think they were too happy with me discovering that the Kastkings are a rebranded OEM product. My Bassresource account stopped working shortly after that. They could have the decency to notify me I was banned. In one thread the OP told a story about how he recommened an angler having problems with his Shishamo should buy a Kastking Royal Legend and I when I pointed out that the two reels are the same Trulinoya platform, Glen deleted the thread.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:18 pm

I haven't used one but it seems they are totally polarizing as it seems like people say they are the best reel ever made or total crap. Now I am pretty sure they aren't on par with a Curado, Tatula, or something of that caliber but would they be a good reel for someone on a tight budget as a better option than say a Abu silver or black max or cheap in the plastic wal mart Pinnacle? Because those reels are basically paper weights and can ruin someone trying to learn a baitcaster. If they are a decent enough reel to actually cast ok and get through a season or two at a great price that's nothing to bash on and could be a good option for people on a tight budget.