Shimano 2017 Icast rumor mill ...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 am

Well I believe we can all see a new Curado 200 on the way. Any new info ?

But I've been hearing about a inshore designated reel to be released at Icast that could be in the form of a Curado or possibly a Chronarch.

I know the Tranx 300 is out but could this equate to a reel that could cross over for fresh water guys looking for high capacity in a more compact low profile form for light/med swim baiting ? 8' rods with magnum deep cranks ? Ect ...
Line capacity along the lines of the OG Calais 200 ?

I inshore some and realize that in most cases I can get away with a 50/100 sized reel (trout/flounder/most reds) ... But man Ive had some big reds at the mouth of the Gulf Of Mexico / Cameron Jetties come close to spooling me a couple of times. I may would be in for a deep spool Chronarch or two.

Caught this info from 2 pretty reliable sources. Anyone hear details ?

Feel free to post on this thread of any other Shimano rumors for Icast 2017 8-)

Jeff

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano 2017 Icast rumor mill ...

Post by Bootytrain » Tue May 02, 2017 4:42 am

Looking forward to the new Curado, I'm sure something will be leaked about it the close we get. Probably some new rods too.

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Tue May 02, 2017 5:34 am

I think we will see a new 150 or 200 sized Curado and I would think the Sustain is being re vamped as it's been chillin with the old technology's.
mtfishing IG

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:12 am

I've been complaining over it forever, but I would love to see a new Curado with a MGL spool(still crazy over the Curado 70 spool weighing almost ad much as a Zillion TWS, 15.7 grams). A Curado 70 MGL or even better a Chronarch MGL70 would be tight.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 am

DirtyD64 wrote:I've been complaining over it forever, but I would love to see a new Curado with a MGL spool(still crazy over the Curado 70 spool weighing almost ad much as a Zillion TWS, 15.7 grams). A Curado 70 MGL or even better a Chronarch MGL70 would be tight.
Chronarch 70 would be redundant. I doubt they will MGL spool the 70 this year as it was just released a year ago.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:14 am

MTBF wrote:I think we will see a new 150 or 200 sized Curado and I would think the Sustain is being re vamped as it's been chillin with the old technology's.
150 sized Curado could have my attention ...

2 months and 2 weeks to go and no real leaks ... They getting good at this hiding game ! :lol:

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Wed May 03, 2017 6:36 am

Id love to see a metanium mgl xg around 5oz with the frame size between the '15 alde and core 50mg, sure it'd be a hit.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:06 am

Bootytrain wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:I've been complaining over it forever, but I would love to see a new Curado with a MGL spool(still crazy over the Curado 70 spool weighing almost ad much as a Zillion TWS, 15.7 grams). A Curado 70 MGL or even better a Chronarch MGL70 would be tight.
Chronarch 70 would be redundant. I doubt they will MGL spool the 70 this year as it was just released a year ago.
Yea I realized my irrational thought train, the Chronarch MGL is already pretty low on capacity too. Still, eventually a 70MGL would be interesting. I think people fuss about its wild casting because the brakes cannot contain that heavy little spool on pretty good bearings. I figure we can all assume some new variation of the Curado???
My guess is it will be just like the Zillion vs Tatula SV, Chronarch MGL/Curado MGL, the Chronarch will still be superior but the Curado will be about 2/3rds price and contain most features of the upper class.
Only thing is, if the Curado has an aluminum frame, I see many people opting for it, I don't mind composite/graphite frames, but for some people it is an immediate kill switch...

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Yea I realized my irrational thought train, the Chronarch MGL is already pretty low on capacity too. Still, eventually a 70MGL would be interesting. I think people fuss about its wild casting because the brakes cannot contain that heavy little spool on pretty good bearings. I figure we can all assume some new variation of the Curado???
My guess is it will be just like the Zillion vs Tatula SV, Chronarch MGL/Curado MGL, the Chronarch will still be superior but the Curado will be about 2/3rds price and contain most features of the upper class.
Only thing is, if the Curado has an aluminum frame, I see many people opting for it, I don't mind composite/graphite frames, but for some people it is an immediate kill switch...
Yeah I predict the new Curado to have an MGL Spool, maybe around 14-15 grams, new brakes, maybe S3D. I think they should add another brake shoe as well, so like a 5 brake system for the heavier spools.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 pm

Bootytrain wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Yeah I predict the new Curado to have an MGL Spool, maybe around 14-15 grams, new brakes, maybe S3D. I think they should add another brake shoe as well, so like a 5 brake system for the heavier spools.
I feel you, I think even though most agree that you can run with 1 or 3 (uneven, non symmetrical brakes on) and it doesn't affect anything, I still bet for engineering purposes they would go ahead and go to 6, like the 2013 metanium's, just the new system instead...

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri May 05, 2017 9:59 am

New color coded Tatula CTs will probably be shown. Gloss black with gold spool and cc knob for the regular tat and a satin black finish with red parts on the type r. Both have cork knobs.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Fri May 05, 2017 11:47 am

LowRange wrote:New color coded Tatula CTs will probably be shown. Gloss black with gold spool and cc knob for the regular tat and a satin black finish with red parts on the type r. Both have cork knobs.
Hey man, this is for Shimano lovers only :lol:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri May 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:
LowRange wrote:New color coded Tatula CTs will probably be shown. Gloss black with gold spool and cc knob for the regular tat and a satin black finish with red parts on the type r. Both have cork knobs.
Hey man, this is for Shimano lovers only :lol:
Oops. I must have skipped over the Shimano part. I do that a lot.

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:38 am

Maybe a revamped Sustain or the Vanquish coming to American shores? That would make my iCast.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat May 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Fishinfanatic115 wrote:Maybe a revamped Sustain or the Vanquish coming to American shores? That would make my iCast.

I'd drop a stella for an exsense....Reminds me of the Jag xj220 from the movie the Wraith!! :)