Daiwa Zillion TWS

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Lvenegoni7
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa Zillion TWS

Post by Lvenegoni7 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:30 pm

So I've noticed lately that if my drag is tight on my zillion and one of my tatulas and then I go to loosen it I hear a popping noice. It feels like the main shaft is like releasing in some way but everything functions correctly and I broke it down and everything is lubed and where it is supposed to be. Is this something I should worry about? It doesn't feel normal and I don't want to break anything so if anyone has experienced this please let me know. Thanks

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Zillion TWS

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:47 pm

How tight is it? I have a 9.1 and 7.3 Zillion tws, a type R and an HD tatula... Never had that issue. Is it mainly sound or is it jerky when the popping occurs???

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TommyG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:59 pm

never had that issue, but then again I don't crank my drag "to the max". The Zillion TWS reels have been solid performers.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:19 am

have only had that issue with t3 reels and is due to the zaion side plate flexing.