Daiwa SV series: please rank!

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa SV series: please rank!

Post by Big-Bass » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:58 pm

I'm wondering if the Zillion is worth it over the Tatula? I have a Zillion currently that hasn't seen any use and have three SV103's along with an SS SV. Should I exchange the Zillion for a Steez SV and pay the extra or get credited and get a Tatula with some change left over. Then there is the Steez A without the SV spool... :shock:

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:02 am

1. Steez sv- overall performance smoothness and weight
2. Sv 103-workhorse built like a tank for heavy cover techniques
3. Alphas Sv - finesse orientated techniques
I own all 3 and like them all for different reasons. Truthfully if the alphas had more drag capabilities I would probably own a couple more as the performance is great for the money. I got the steez to get the higher drag rating.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:38 am

Big-Bass wrote:I'm wondering if the Zillion is worth it over the Tatula? I have a Zillion currently that hasn't seen any use and have three SV103's along with an SS SV. Should I exchange the Zillion for a Steez SV and pay the extra or get credited and get a Tatula with some change left over. Then there is the Steez A without the SV spool... :shock:
The Steez SV103 is a really nice reel. Much more refined and solid than the SS SV with better casting. I'd take it over the Zillion every day.

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:37 pm

jpd0144 wrote:I think reigion of where someone lives and if they have a boat or not weighs on this. Not saying a Steez is not capable but I sure wouldn't want to throw an A rig, C-rig 3/4oz. + or a DD22 on it all day ! :lol:

Not to mention a Steez normally doesn't balance well with most rods into the 7'6" + range or some 7' footers for that matter which is a versatile length ...

I've thrown A-rigs to weightless senko's and punched 1.25 oz. on the SV103. I have 4 of them for a reason ... VERSATILE !

If I need 3/16 or less I break out spinning gear.
x2 great reels the last of the true zillions before they cheapened them up with zion sideplates.