Met DC or... Steez SV TW

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.

Met DC or Steez SV TW

Met DC
18%
Steez SV TW
77%
Other?
5%

Total votes: 39

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Met DC or... Steez SV TW

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:48 pm

leggomye990 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Lighter built rod, baits 1/8 to about 7/16 - Steez SV TW
Little heavier stick, baits above that 7/16 oz mark - Met DC
Personally, I consider the best fit for the Steez SV TW is power finesse. It's a dandy reel for sure with that highly compatible 34 mm spool. Opens up a lot of possibilities. It palms ever so nice, smooth, connected, and incredibly versatile. Just not my 1st choice for heavy baits. I fished my buddies DC and it's really nice and a lot of fun. Didn't fit my hand as well though.

Interesting, so even with the Steez TWS, it still palms just as nicely as the non TWS version?
I think the TW version palms better than the OG / SV Steez platform. To me it's kinda like a smaller, lighter T3.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote: I think the TW version palms better than the OG / SV Steez platform.
Agreed. I think the new Steez SV TW is easily one of the best palming reels I've ever put in my hands. The more I use these reels, the more I enjoy them.

I haven't fished the current Met DC, but I have fished the MGL a lot. I'd still take the Steez SV TW in general over the Met MGL, though the Met MGL is a spectacular reel. They both have their pros and cons...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Would the new Steez be a great choice for 3/8oz bladed jigs and swim jigs?

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:14 pm

I have both a steez SV TWS and the '15 metanium DC. They are both excellent reels and have their strengths, but For me the steez wins for control and precision casts for close range applications with plastics and jigs up to 3/4oz. For pure distance bombing, they are about equal with the slight advantage going to the metanium once you go over 1/2oz total weight.

If you are just looking for a reel to chuck and wind, consider the cost difference between the two reels.

But....both reels are winners in my book for many applications and I don't believe you can go wrong with either. The DC whine could definitely be annoying to you depending on your personality, but I don't find it bothers me at all.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:09 am

Ok thanks Tackle tour fam, looks like I'll be adding another Steez to my collection. :lol:

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:36 am

So...... I accidentlly ordered a Steez SV LTD :lol:
I was on Plat and wanted to see what the price of shipping would be, I figured it would estimate once I add to cart, I clicked order process and it actually ordered the thing. LOL

Oh well, I guess I have a Steez SV LTD on its way, unless I can get the order to cancel..... :lol:

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:29 am

leggomye990 wrote:So...... I accidentlly ordered a Steez SV LTD :lol:
I was on Plat and wanted to see what the price of shipping would be, I figured it would estimate once I add to cart, I clicked order process and it actually ordered the thing. LOL

Oh well, I guess I have a Steez SV LTD on its way, unless I can get the order to cancel..... :lol:
Well unfortunately if you ordered it after this past Sunday, chances are you'll get a cancelation notice due to stock.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:31 am

Hogsticker2 wrote: Well unfortunately if you ordered it after this past Sunday, chances are you'll get a cancelation notice due to stock.

What do you mean? I just ordered it like 2 hours ago from Plat, I assume it was in stock because it gave me the option to place order?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:17 pm

leggomye990 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote: Well unfortunately if you ordered it after this past Sunday, chances are you'll get a cancelation notice due to stock.

What do you mean? I just ordered it like 2 hours ago from Plat, I assume it was in stock because it gave me the option to place order?
When it was on sale for 50% off I had 2 buddies place orders this past Sunday. Both received an email the following day stating the item was out of stock.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:04 am

Oh thats too bad lol