Curado "i" ... is this the end ?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Curado "i" ... is this the end ?

Post by jpd0144 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:27 am

TW and Cabelas on "sale" ...

Is this the end of the "i" series or just a legit promo sale ? Info anyone ?

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_ ... e-SCI.html

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... t105740280

Just seen $149 at BPS also.

http://www.basspro.com/Shimano-Curado-I ... 808013242/

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Curado "i" ... is this the end ?

Post by godshippy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:39 am

looks like it...i'm hoping to experience another 50e phenom where they go for $90 each :X i bought 4 of them when they dropped to $90!

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 am

It makes sense. New Met MGL, new Chronarch MGL.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:48 am

This is bad news for the Tatula CT. Maybe we will see something at ICAST. Lighter spool with the new brakes is my guess. Maybe adding bearings to the handle.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:03 am

Been discounted in Oz for a while. $AU209. Been like this since not long after the 70 series came out.

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:26 am

let's hope so

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:35 am

Frosty wrote:let's hope so

I've stated this in a post on a different topic ... if this reel would of had the SvS gen 2 braking I'd have a deck full of them !

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:25 am

Bootytrain wrote:This is bad news for the Tatula CT. Maybe we will see something at ICAST. Lighter spool with the new brakes is my guess. Maybe adding bearings to the handle.
please explain...

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:57 pm

johnD wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:This is bad news for the Tatula CT. Maybe we will see something at ICAST. Lighter spool with the new brakes is my guess. Maybe adding bearings to the handle.
please explain...
The curado I pretty much stole the tatulas short lived thunder after it was released. This a new curado will probably do the same to the Cts

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:34 pm

I don't see them stealing the light off the Daiwa's that easy. I think the Daiwa's are easier to use, regardless of which brand consumers prefer...

Ease of use helps people get into baitcasting, who knows though, I personally see more people use Shimano's locally, but 95% of fisherman I know have $50k boats and $50k trucks, with $70-$100 reels (matching rods).

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:14 pm

I dont think that the new Curado is gonna steal the Tats thunder. Im sure its gonna be a MGL version or something close to that with the new braking system. But they are 2 different reels in their ergonomics and uses. Im sure it will make the decision a little closer, but thats about it. Personally, I think the new Fuego CT is gonna steal the Tat CTs thunder. :lol:
<")))><{

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Bootytrain wrote:
johnD wrote:
please explain...
The curado I pretty much stole the tatulas short lived thunder after it was released. This a new curado will probably do the same to the Cts
I observed the opposite...saw guys trade in their curados for tatula ct's..now with the tatula ct sv on the way I don't see shimano putting a damper on anything. I bought curado I reels and couldn't stand them , sold all of my E series and I series to buy tatula ct's and ct type R's..wait till shimano discontinues parts for the E series , you're gonna see a whole lot of p/o curado fans.

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Does it really matter? Healthy competition only gets us consumers better product.

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:44 am

I don't understand why some posters have to turn this into brand war and take it personally. But as a Daiwa mainly guy I think the SV spool is going to steal a lot of Shimano's Curado market, and a lot of business from really every brand, because it's user friendly. Ironically I don't really like SV, it has it's place, but I still prefer regular spools. I think if anything will hurt the Curado, it will be if Shimano puts more plastic on it, like the levelwind on the Scorpion.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:18 am

johnD wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
johnD wrote:
please explain...
I observed the opposite...saw guys trade in their curados for tatula ct's..now with the tatula ct sv on the way I don't see shimano putting a damper on anything. I bought curado I reels and couldn't stand them , sold all of my E series and I series to buy tatula ct's and ct type R's..wait till shimano discontinues parts for the E series , you're gonna see a whole lot of p/o curado fans.
Daiwa smartly created a lot of hype for the original Tatula by releasing the series of Project T pre release videos. There was a lot of hype and anticipation over an affordable Twing reel. So when they finally released it it was on TW''s best seller list for that month, maybe another then it dissappeared(blame flea bay, amazon, who knows). A few months later the Curado was released and stayed on TWs best seller list for like 2 years straight (despite being available cheaper on the auction site and amazon). Then the CT was made IMO as direct result of the Curado being a lot better to palm for most people. Now the CT has been on TWs best seller list consistently(which is probably due to the lower price), and the 200 curado was replaced by the 70 on the list.