No Shimano, No Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Dink Dawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: No Shimano, No Daiwa

Post by Dink Dawg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:55 am

Lews. I still have several and they work.

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:36 am

I can't speak for the newer abus or lews, but if I didn't have my shimanos, I'd probably have to go with first or second Gen revos. I already use an abu soron stx 20 for most of my spinning work, and the skeet Reese revo still has a huge following. I used to own a 2nd Gen premiere and an inshore, and both held up well before I sold them. I've just never really been super excited about owning or fishing those reels as I am about my shimanos. I actually prefer my citica e to any of the higher priced revos I've owned or fished.

Sorry for weird capitalization and any misspellings I may have missed, autocorrect is murder when you're trying to name different reels.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:59 am

Doyo for me. I'll take them in Abu, BPS or Lews flavors please. I'm partial to whatever Doyo platform the BPS JM Signature is on. It's a butter smooth higher end variant of the the same platform the last gen PBS PQ was based on. I think it's an older Doyo Coba but not sure. Poor mans TD Zillion IMO.

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:09 pm

I'd take up knitting.