(SLP TATULA "Click" works?) Is it possible to install clicking spool tensioner on SV103?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

(SLP TATULA "Click" works?) Is it possible to install clicking spool tensioner on SV103?

Post by alafly » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 am

SV103 is missing clicking spool tension.

Is it possible to order some parts for upgrade? (I know Tatula can't upgrade clicking spool tension ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) )
- If yes, where to order it?
- If no, have a good day!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by alafly on Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
"North" of America...

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: (Help)Is it possible to install clicking spool tensioner on SV103?

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:15 am

There was a thread on this. Someone machined something to allow this to be possible.
<")))><{

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:19 am

<")))><{

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:28 am

Thank you LgMouthGambler for your help!

I quickly reviewed the thread and not sure that guy still sells the kits or not.

I guess I will live with no clicking tensioner and install the much easier dr.trout drag clicking instead. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Have a good night!
"North" of America...

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: (Resolved) Is it possible to install clicking spool tensioner on SV103?

Post by LowRange » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:01 am

If the SV103 spool tension is like any of my other reels then it is set and forget. Set it for just enough tension to eliminate side to side play and then never touch it again.

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:34 am

Yes, that's what I am going to keep telling myself. :laugh1:

Thank you LowRange !
LowRange wrote:If the SV103 spool tension is like any of my other reels then it is set and forget. Set it for just enough tension to eliminate side to side play and then never touch it again.
"North" of America...

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:12 am

LowRange wrote:If the SV103 spool tension is like any of my other reels then it is set and forget. Set it for just enough tension to eliminate side to side play and then never touch it again.
This.

I was thinking about getting the clicking mod too but I rarely adjust the knob on mine.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:09 pm

I can take or leave the "clickies". Never a deal breaker for me. I feel you can fine tune a reel better without the clickies. I think they are there practical in the sense of keeping your settings in place. I rarely had issues keeping my settings locked in on the drag and tension once set. Occasionally I still have to tweak the adjustments if i happen to knock them out, but hardly a burden if situation occurs. I think in general clickies are an refinement but one that isnt necessary or something i look for in a baitcaster. I definitely understand modding for the sake of modding though \:D/

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:47 pm

The only time I like the clicking spool tension is when I'm backing it off to pitch. With the click I can tell how much I'm backing off, and can go back to the other setting quickly.

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:59 am

Will this one work with SV103?

Is Tatula spool tension knob exchangeable with SV103? Thanks!

【DAIWA original】 SLP WORKS "Click" Brake knob for TATULA

http://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/1844

"North" of America...

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:14 am

alafly wrote:Will this one work with SV103?

Is Tatula spool tension knob exchangeable with SV103? Thanks!

【DAIWA original】 SLP WORKS "Click" Brake knob for TATULA

http://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/1844

If you order and install the SS SV cast control cap "washers" from Hedgehog, they will allow you to use this cap and some others on the SV103. It still won't click however.

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:37 am

ok, so I guess the answer is still NO.

Thank you Hogsticker2!

$50 is saved. :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
Hogsticker2 wrote: If you order and install the SS SV cast control cap "washers" from Hedgehog, they will allow you to use this cap and some others on the SV103. It still won't click however.
"North" of America...

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: (SLP TATULA "Click" works?) Is it possible to install clicking spool tensioner on SV103?

Post by Rippin-lips » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:48 am

There's nothing available to make it click unless you can buy one from the guy who machined one or find an old junk reel and take that piece from it. They're pressed on but will come off if you work at it. The guy who makes the piece doesn't seem to respond to anyone's messages from what I've heard. I also messaged him with no response. I ordered the SS SV special washer kit from Hedgehog and that will allow you to use any of the Steez style cast control knobs available. Without the kit it's not a snug fit and adjustment is crap. Been there tried that already. Works great with the kit though.

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: (SLP TATULA "Click" works?) Is it possible to install clicking spool tensioner on SV103?

Post by alafly » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks for sharing. Nice looking SV103HL!

Good day!
Rippin-lips wrote:There's nothing available to make it click unless you can buy one from the guy who machined one or find an old junk reel and take that piece from it. They're pressed on but will come off if you work at it. The guy who makes the piece doesn't seem to respond to anyone's messages from what I've heard. I also messaged him with no response. I ordered the SS SV special washer kit from Hedgehog and that will allow you to use any of the Steez style cast control knobs available. Without the kit it's not a snug fit and adjustment is crap. Been there tried that already. Works great with the kit though.
"North" of America...

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 pm

May I ask why?
It stays put just fine. Spool adjustment should be made by how the spool reacts not by how many clicks.
The click detents are less accurate than ya think.

I've found with daiwas mag brakes...there is a mag dial setting for any situation. So set up the tensioner as loose and with as little side play as possible. And adjust the mags accordingly.