(SLP TATULA "Click" works?) Is it possible to install clicking spool tensioner on SV103?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: (SLP TATULA "Click" works?) Is it possible to install clicking spool tensioner on SV103?

Post by Rippin-lips » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:45 pm

E73Bass wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote:
fishonsc wrote:
Thanks! Great info about the spools. Mainly wanting to change the cast control knob. I seen where you can use a steez if you get the ss sv kit from hedgehog. Thanks again.
Yes, you can. I have one on mine. Adjustment isn’t as tight as I’d like it to be but what can you do...
Can you put a shim in the cast control cap to tighten it up? I've done it with a disc from a clear margarine tub top.
I’m sure you could if you felt the need to. It has plenty of adjustment in the way of spool tension. The ccc itself is just pretty easy to move with the ss/sv washer kit from HH. It’s not going to randomly fall off or anything. I just wish it was a hair tighter to turn.

Can someone send me a link to this Hedgehog SS SV Kit....I want to order one.

Thanks,
Eric
It’s on the Hedgehog Studio site. Type in special washer after clicking on the magnifying glass icon. They are $2.16 plus shipping which was $12 for me last night.

jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: (SLP TATULA "Click" works?) Is it possible to install clicking spool tensioner on SV103?

Post by jjbassnforfun » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:30 pm

Rippin-lips wrote: I’m sure you could if you felt the need to. It has plenty of adjustment in the way of spool tension. The ccc itself is just pretty easy to move with the ss/sv washer kit from HH. It’s not going to randomly fall off or anything. I just wish it was a hair tighter to turn.
Thats why I like the click. Not as easily shifted by accident and you'll also hear a click if you do bump it.
E73Bass wrote:

Thanks,
Eric
I made a similar click adapter for the SS SV. Easier to install too. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=70825&p=569621#p569621
2012 Stratos 285XL 150 Etec HO

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:20 am

jjbassnforfun wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote: I’m sure you could if you felt the need to. It has plenty of adjustment in the way of spool tension. The ccc itself is just pretty easy to move with the ss/sv washer kit from HH. It’s not going to randomly fall off or anything. I just wish it was a hair tighter to turn.
Thats why I like the click. Not as easily shifted by accident and you'll also hear a click if you do bump it.
E73Bass wrote:

Thanks,
Eric
I made a similar click adapter for the SS SV. Easier to install too. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=70825&p=569621#p569621
Yea...I know...remember you made 3 of them for me...2 for my OG Red Fuegos....Plus a spare set.

I am still awaiting a couple more....that would work on my SV105's.
Hope you can some day come up with them...even willing to ship one of the SV105's for you to build off of.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Eric