Peeling clear coat on Chronarch 50mg

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
P413
Angler
Angler

Peeling clear coat on Chronarch 50mg

Post by P413 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:07 am

The clear coat on the palming side plate of my Chronarch 50mg started to peel badly. Can this be fixed?
Do you have a recommendation for someone that can do this type of repair right and at a reasonable cost?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Peeling clear coat on Chronarch 50mg

Post by bronzefly » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:46 am

The Chronarch 50MG is infamous for peeling clear coat. There isn't an effective, reasonably priced "repair" for this common issue that I've seen. A complete re-paint with a proper clear coat is the best option, though likely not what most would consider a "reasonable" cost for a Chronarch 50MG. I'd peel or flake it off and keep fishing it as long as the reel still performs well for you, or unless you're willing to drop some coin on a proper paint job.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Mike and Pike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Peeling clear coat on Chronarch 50mg

Post by Mike and Pike » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:46 am

P413 wrote:The clear coat on the palming side plate of my Chronarch 50mg started to peel badly. Can this be fixed?
Do you have a recommendation for someone that can do this type of repair right and at a reasonable cost?
If you want a very cheap $ fix but are not opposed to some sweat equity, strip it and polish it .
Like aluminum it will eventually start to slowly tarnish, but an end of the year quick buffing will bring it back to better than new looking and definately better than a reel with peeling clear coat.