Tatula CT Type-R

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tatula CT Type-R

Post by Big-Bass » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:17 am

I'm curious to know reviews on this reel. What ratio do you guys use and for what? Do the different retainer colors based on ratios throw off the main colors of the reel or make it looks mismatched? Just how compact is this reel compared to the regular Tatula? Thanks for any and all help and how doe these reels compare to the Shimano Curado 70 among others? Thanks!

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula CT Type-R

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:45 pm

Its no doubt that no matter which model CT you get, its one bad mother for the money.
<")))><{

Somerdink
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Somerdink » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:12 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:Its no doubt that no matter which model CT you get, its one bad mother for the money.
Couldn't agree with you more LgMouthGambler they are the nicest reels for the price. The CT can be had for $99 and the type R for 139.99 honestly I haven't found a reel in that price range to compete with yet.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:55 am

I bought one, then bought 3 more the following week. They are that nice. Even though not an enthusiast level offering, I feel the reel is tough as nails and quite versatile. It's getting the same reputation as the OG Zillions, at least in my mind.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:44 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:I bought one, then bought 3 more the following week. They are that nice. Even though not an enthusiast level offering, I feel the reel is tough as nails and quite versatile. It's getting the same reputation as the OG Zillions, at least in my mind.
To each their own, and it's a fine reel indeed especially at it's available pricing, but the Tatutla CT-R is nowhere near gaining nor deserving the reputation of the OG Zillion in my hands...
Big-Bass wrote:I'm curious to know reviews on this reel. What ratio do you guys use and for what? Do the different retainer colors based on ratios throw off the main colors of the reel or make it looks mismatched? Just how compact is this reel compared to the regular Tatula? Thanks for any and all help and how doe these reels compare to the Shimano Curado 70 among others? Thanks!
Yes, the different retainer color for each gear ratio is strange and makes them look mismatched in my opinion. The Tackle Trap keeps several different color retainers in stock and often swaps them out prior to shipping new reels for customers who share that same concern. It's noticeably smaller and more comfortable in hand than the original Tatula. The Curado 70 is an excellent reel and has a different feel than the Tatula CT-R in general - it's more compact and handles lighter baits better for me, though is capable of handling some tougher duties as well.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

hookfynn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hookfynn » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:40 am

it is without a double the second coming of the old school curado 200b in my book! that reel is down right bulletproof. theirs no other way to describe it. super smooth/powerful drag, amazing free spool and cast a mile. its the work horse reel on my boat. i have a bunch of steez's and zillions but that reel is hard to put down. it handles all of my non-technique specific rod applications {i.e. spinnerbait, topwater, jig, worm, spoon, underspin, jerbait, etc}. I've put that series to the test and often find myself reaching for that reel over the others time and time again. you can not go wrong!

MULEY
Angler
Angler

Post by MULEY » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:04 am

FYI , ALF 12 days of christmas sale CT type R $119.95 !

rgbtr196le
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rgbtr196le » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:08 am

The Tatula CT Type-R are great reels for the money.