Newest Model Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reel

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Newest Model Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reel

Post by basscattrent » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:34 pm

I am surprised to see that there has been next to no posts on the newest model Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reel. I truly do not need another spinning reel but was curious why no Shimano guys have posted up on the new model?

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Newest Model Shimano Stradic Ci4+ Spinning Reel

Post by Kurt L » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:10 am

The 2016, 2500 I bought has been nothing but problems same with the FK Stradic, having lots of the prior models I think the difference is just not ground breaking. Another model revision and again we got less features for more money.
I'm a huge fan of Shimano but I have been picking up extra prior models new to put away for future use.

Kurt

basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by basscattrent » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks for the information Kurt.

Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Lucky1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:00 am

While I own four and they have been nothing but fantastic. Say what you want, but I will put it up against anything out there that isnt 400.00 +.
Dobyns Rods

basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by basscattrent » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:59 am

Thanks for your input :big grin:

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:28 am

I was looking at picking one of these up or maybe a sustain. They are about the same price.

Markanthony404
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Markanthony404 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:42 am

The one problem I've heard about with the new stradics is a few have too much play between the handle and main gear. I noticed this on one of the display models at Cabelas. I own 4 of the last gen Certate's so I'm not going to be in the market for a spinning reel anytime soon. But if I was, not considering the ci4+ would be madness! The new ci4+ is one of the best looking reels I have ever seen, it's also lighter than a Stella and crazy smooth for the money.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:55 am

I hear really good things about it. Love how light it is too. Planned on getting one but found a Saros locally for a good deal. The Saros was heavier than I wanted but couldn't pass it up.

lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lape0019 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:41 pm

I bought one mid year this year. I have the original version of the CI4 Stradic as well. I have had no issues and find that the newest one is way more solid than the original.

My only gripe with the new CI4+ is the knob. I don't know if I have just gotten used to the EVA knob on the original or what but I find it more comfortable to use than the new thin knob Shimano is using now.