Daiwa SV103 Help Needed

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa SV103 Help Needed

Post by Cyacnba » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:09 am

Hi everyone,

I've had my SV103 for a few months now, but I only used it less than 10 times. After a few trips, I noticed the drag was slipping, but I thought it was due to using a 30# braided line. Whenever I tried to pull my line by hand, it would just slip even if I tightened the drag to the max. However, whenever I hooked a fish, there were no issues. A week ago, after pressing the thumb bar, it got stuck. I tried to turn the handle, which was hard to turn, and after a few tries, it started working again. After some more casts, the thumb bar got stuck for good, and the handle won't even budge. I have no clue on how to disassemble a casting reel, so if anyone has any idea on how to proceed from here, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Daiwa SV103 Help Needed

Post by Cal » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:18 am

It's less than a year old. Try calling Daiwa and sending it in for service/repair.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"