Terrible Chinese knock off reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Terrible Chinese knock off reels

Post by lmbfisherman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:37 am

wandyhee wrote:
LowRange wrote:This one looks a little too much like a Steez Limited.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KastKin ... c035e02ef7
I might be wrong, but calling this specific reel as terrible chinese knock off reels doesn't sound right to me. This reel is latest LP model from http://www.eposeidon.com/teameposeidon/ and they claimed to be USA based company
Check out copycat site on Youtube. He compared the Shishamo, Favorite and Kastking reels. Basically they all are the same and made by the same "manufacturer". They are just redone to whatever you like.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:23 am

An Abu Aurora knock off. Sad. Comes with a BFS spool though so there's that. Made from aviation material.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mavllos ... 79138aa71c

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:41 am

LowRange wrote:An Abu Aurora knock off. Sad. Comes with a BFS spool though so there's that. Made from aviation material.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mavllos ... 79138aa71c
How in the world can they sell those so cheap?

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:43 am

China

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:45 am

earthworm77 wrote:China
Yeah, but even the Chinese need to eat. Can the cost of living and manufacturing be that low there?

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:53 am

mark poulson wrote:
Yeah, but even the Chinese need to eat. Can the cost of living and manufacturing be that low there?
I'm pretty sure it is. I think in buying from Ali, you are getting it directly from the manufacturer. If you think about it, there is no middle man or tackle shop that marks prices up. The manufacturer is getting whatever price they set. Let's refer to it as wholesale. There is no tackle shop that carries it and needs to mark the price up to retail to turn a profit.

Maybe a Curado or Citica wholesales at 50.00 and is marked up by whomever the dealer is? It probably is not too far off.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:56 pm

earthworm77 wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
I'm pretty sure it is. I think in buying from Ali, you are getting it directly from the manufacturer. If you think about it, there is no middle man or tackle shop that marks prices up. The manufacturer is getting whatever price they set. Let's refer to it as wholesale. There is no tackle shop that carries it and needs to mark the price up to retail to turn a profit.

Maybe a Curado or Citica wholesales at 50.00 and is marked up by whomever the dealer is? It probably is not too far off.
Probably. I got a sponsor deal price with FFO (pure fishing outlet store) and I was able to buy a Veracity for %65 and Veritas 2.0 for $30. At the time the Veritas 2.0 had just come out. I bet it still cost pure fishing less than what they sold them to me to make the product.

Micro throw cup, more effort. Aviation material.

Hearty chuckles all around

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:53 am

earthworm77 wrote:
mark poulson wrote:

I've read, you're on your own for the source, labor is even getting to expensive in China. Next best place? Africa and that's where the ships are headed.

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Getting expensive compared to the US pay scale? I'm sure it is not even remotely comparable.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:02 pm

This is the way.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Finnz922 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
wandyhee wrote:

I might be wrong, but calling this specific reel as terrible chinese knock off reels doesn't sound right to me. This reel is latest LP model from http://www.eposeidon.com/teameposeidon/ and they claimed to be USA based company
I can create a company tomorrow, name it whaterver I like and then sell a bunch of chinese reels branded as my own product. The kastking reels are sourced from the same place the Shishamo and Sixgill reels come from judging by the breaking system. Total garbage IMO.
Not according to Moderators on BassResource. :lol:
Who also took down my vid because I sweared twice (said hell)...then accused the person who posted it there as being related to my channel...Then called me names and tried to insult me..and I'm not even a member. So the mod there broke the forums own reels while stating my video was against the rules.

At least assuming a view is a person....60k people saw how Favorite fishing is ripping off potential customers.
Amazing how often I get the comment..."well their rods are a good value"
The rods are just as much of a rip off as the reels. 130$ rod with am tac micro wave guides that cost what 2$ for the whole set of stainless ringed guides....but wait....the rod ships with tags saying fuji.....

Amazing how little the "googan squad" cares about thier fan base to be ripping them off as they are.
The red white and blue rod and reel...Doesn't even state country of origin...none of their product I've purchased or have seen does.

At least Kastking/ eposidon is priced lower than the competition and stands behind their product

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:15 am

lol. Knock off Chinese, reels, need a knock off Chinese website. www.TaklTur.com. :lol:
2016 Ranger Z522 Mercury Racing 300

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:50 pm

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
wandyhee wrote:

I can create a company tomorrow, name it whaterver I like and then sell a bunch of chinese reels branded as my own product. The kastking reels are sourced from the same place the Shishamo and Sixgill reels come from judging by the breaking system. Total garbage IMO.
Who also took down my vid because I sweared twice (said hell)...then accused the person who posted it there as being related to my channel...Then called me names and tried to insult me..and I'm not even a member. So the mod there broke the forums own reels while stating my video was against the rules.

At least assuming a view is a person....60k people saw how Favorite fishing is ripping off potential customers.
The rods are just as much of a rip off as the reels. 130$ rod with am tac micro wave guides that cost what 2$ for the whole set of stainless ringed guides....but wait....the rod ships with tags saying fuji.....

Amazing how little the "googan squad" cares about thier fan base to be ripping them off as they are.
The red white and blue rod and reel...Doesn't even state country of origin...none of their product I've purchased or have seen does.

At least Kastking/ eposidon is priced lower than the competition and stands behind their product
Yeah I saw that and thought it was contradictory. I've lost the last bit of respect from the mods and owner of the site. I keep coming back for the other anglers on the board.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:08 pm

lmbfisherman wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
wandyhee wrote:

Yeah I saw that and thought it was contradictory. I've lost the last bit of respect from the mods and owner of the site. I keep coming back for the other anglers on the board.
Glad I'm not the only one that thought it was odd.
I'm a global moderator on SOL....similar rule set there. If a video is posted that isn't aimed at promoting one's social media. And not commercial in nature. I'd never take it down especially if there was an active discussion.

The way I look at it....we're all on the same team as fishermen and consumers. Amazingly in this day and age....there is surprisingly very little good information to be found. It even more amazing how much bad information is out there..especially on youtube and social media. WHich often is improperly regurgitated by forum members
If a message board owner and mod steps on the source of information like the way they did and often do dismantling a discussion. They are in opposition to the community that without them...wouldn't have the sponsors that pay their bills.

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:20 pm

And again: Hello CC, part 2 :D
http://ali.pub/1so7zp