Daiwa SV103XS Spool tension clicker

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa SV103XS Spool tension clicker

Post by adam lancia » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:01 am

Does anyone know if this would this also retrofit to a Pixy or Alphas? Great work!!!!

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:09 am

adam lancia wrote:Does anyone know if this would this also retrofit to a Pixy or Alphas? Great work!!!!
it would not. the knob for the td-z/steez/ect, is too big in diameter to fit on the pixy or alphas sideplate

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:11 am

jjbassnforfun wrote:
e_bassfisher wrote:
i would love to buy one, or more of these from you. please email me if you would be interested in selling a few

i can't figure out why daiwa left off the clicker.....either way, the reel is absolutely one of the best new reels i have used in a while. but still, would enjoy having a clicking ccc
RMCatchNrelease wrote:I would love to purchase two!

Please send me a PM if you are interested

389Maverick wrote:=D> =D> =D>

I'd buy a few, that's for sure!
Great mod!
cndbasshunter wrote:BRAVO...im down for a few if you do sell. :)
Only worry I have are they aren't coated/anodized and could corrode. Would that be a worry for others?

I'll PM you guys once I get an idea on production/cost......
i have used bare aluminum spool spacers for a long time with no ill effect. since there is no worry of tarnish, since the part cannot be seen, i don't thnk it should be an issue at all for fresh water fishing; i am unsure about salt water though

jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jjbassnforfun » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:19 am

Thanks e_bassfisher.

Spent the day on the water and over used it. I adjusted the drop on about every cast for the first 50 and then every time I changed a bait. No issues. Seems to work flawless.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:08 am

Work on a fuego?

If so...put me down for 2 of em.

badbuffalo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by badbuffalo » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:31 pm

=D> :D

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:49 pm

e_bassfisher wrote:
adam lancia wrote:Does anyone know if this would this also retrofit to a Pixy or Alphas? Great work!!!!
it would not. the knob for the td-z/steez/ect, is too big in diameter to fit on the pixy or alphas sideplate
That is truly disappointing.

@jjbassnforfun: I think that should be your next project, lol! If you can figure out how to get a clicking CCC on a Pixy/Aplphas, you'll probably be able to quit your day job :lol: :lol:

jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jjbassnforfun » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:55 pm

E73Bass wrote:Work on a fuego?

I don't own a Fuego or a Tatula. But after looking at them a little further, It Doesn't look like this will work on the Fuego or Tatula. They will require a flange to allow bonding/mounting. Hedgehog Studio's makes a kit for the Tatula. It might work on the Fuego??

jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jjbassnforfun » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:02 pm

adam lancia wrote:

@jjbassnforfun: I think that should be your next project, lol! If you can figure out how to get a clicking CCC on a Pixy/Aplphas, you'll probably be able to quit your day job :lol: :lol:
I don't own them, But if there is a will there is a way. It might be possible to slip in some Abu(or other brand) components inside the Daiwa CC knob?

I'd need a donor to dig into it though.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:56 pm

jjbassnforfun wrote:
adam lancia wrote:

I don't own them, But if there is a will there is a way. It might be possible to slip in some Abu(or other brand) components inside the Daiwa CC knob?

I have a Pixy Type R that isn't going to be used for a little while, how long do you think you'd need it for?

jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jjbassnforfun » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:29 am

adam lancia wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote:
adam lancia wrote:

I have a Pixy Type R that isn't going to be used for a little while, how long do you think you'd need it for?
Not necessary, I'm sure one of the guys in the club has one I can barrow. Thanks for the offer(Very nice of you). Plus, I'd be too nervous to mess with yours.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:33 am

jjbassnforfun wrote:

I don't own a Fuego or a Tatula. But after looking at them a little further, It Doesn't look like this will work on the Fuego or Tatula. They will require a flange to allow bonding/mounting. Hedgehog Studio's makes a kit for the Tatula. It might work on the Fuego??
They shoulkd fit the Fuego....My TD-Z 100M knob fits....just no click.

Please put me down for 2 of these also.

Thanks.

jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jjbassnforfun » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:03 am

E73Bass wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote:

Thanks.
Do me a favor, Take the cc knob off and snap a pic of the side plate. I need to be sure it has the groove(where this gets glue into) like the SV103's

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:21 am

e_bassfisher wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote:Pretty sure this is how Daiwa did it, But they don't offer the piece unless you purchase the whole side cover. Never though about making them as this is just my hobby. Lemme think about it a bit as I'm swamped at work and when I get spare time its usually on the water. Didn't know it was OK to sell here. I don't want to break any of the forum rules.

My first try at it was swapping the side cover from an OG zillian. I was gonna attempt to paint it, But I can't paint for beans, So this was a better option for me. An option for the others who can paint though.

Honestly, I don't know why Daiwa didn't do this as they are sweat reels. Only clue would be to give the Zillion TW SV a slight edge over the SV103's??

I suppose this could be an option for other Daiwa's Like the Tatula and SS SV?? I don't own them so its only a guess.
i would love to buy one, or more of these from you. please email me at reel_tuner@yahoo.com if you would be interested in selling a few

i can't figure out why daiwa left off the clicker.....either way, the reel is absolutely one of the best new reels i have used in a while. but still, would enjoy having a clicking ccc
That's kinda my thoughts too. I really dig this reel. Planning on sending it your way come late Spring. This thing already rips and rocks, can't wait to see what you can get her to do :evil22:

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:06 am

jjbassnforfun wrote:
E73Bass wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote:

Thanks.
Do me a favor, Take the cc knob off and snap a pic of the side plate. I need to be sure it has the groove(where this gets glue into) like the SV103's
PM Sent.