New aldebran bfs xg 2016

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mdrap76
Angler
Angler

New aldebran bfs xg 2016

Post by mdrap76 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:55 am

Just want to share this link https://youtu.be/LGDcF44LKGw
Need opinion regarding the effectiveness of new ftb magnet system based on link above. :D

hysupra
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New aldebran bfs xg 2016

Post by hysupra » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:01 am

Wow thanks for sharing. Finally shimano comes around, I'm very impressed with that new addition.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:06 am

Sweet !!

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:19 am

Great video find =D> shows the mag braking pretty good. I'm definitely getting this as soon as they come out.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:38 am

Interesting. I would be curious to hear how that style of braking works compared to cfg or air

DaveJ

mdrap76
Angler
Angler

Post by mdrap76 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:19 pm

Great video find =D> shows the mag braking pretty good. I'm definitely getting this as soon as they come out.

Guy another info related to new ftb magnet brake systems to share http://fishing.shimano.co.jp/product/reel/4355

Feature
Finesse tune brake system
Finesse tune brake system
Shimano own brake new mechanism. Pursuing lightest spool of bait finesse.
To handle the lightweight lure, weight reduction of the spool is the most important issues. However, there was a limit in the conventional brake system.
Shimano has its own newly developed "FTB" is, by eliminating the brake unit from the spool, has realized the spool Shimano bait finesse reel history lightest. Furthermore, the magnet moving mechanism for varying according to the rotational speed even loading. It is a new brake system that flexibly accommodate up overhead cast from pitching.
Finesse tune brake system low rotation during image
twenty three
Finesse tune brake system low rotation during image
At low rotation, because the spacing between the spool and the magnet is wide, brake force is small.
Finesse tune brake system high rotation during image
3/3
Finesse tune brake system high rotation during image
At high rotation, since the distance between the spool and the magnet becomes smaller, the brake force increases.

Of course Bootytrain the decision to purchase the new aldebran bfs xg 2016 will be the brilliant investment especially it equip with new cool features x ships ( already proven the torque effectiveness in reel retrieve especially underload of the previous existence shimano model), exciting drag sound ( cheers the fish fighting scene ), new ftb magnet brake system, super mg body construction&new ported 32mm shallow spools ( surely decrease spool weight, significantly will improve casting, flipping, skipping of bfs).The only missing shimano premium features is mgl spool ( magnumlite spool ) & micromodule gears, if not it will be equal with new shimano antares dc 2016 fully equip with shimano premium std. :crying:

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:22 am

There's a new feature called "Exciting Drag Sound". :lol: Does it play Mr. Roboto when drag is pulled?
Last edited by pharmboy2010 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by OkobojiEagle » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:09 am

Interesting choice of intro music for the video...

oe

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Farnorth » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:07 pm

pharmboy2010 wrote:There's a new feature called "Exciting Drag Sound". :lol: Does it play Mr. Roboto when drag is pulled?
I saw this in the spec list as well and wondered at its inclusion.

Usually this means the drag clicks when line is being taken. It is usually put in 300+ sized reels for saltwater use, not sure how it fits in a bfs reel. Maybe this would be desirable for the UL inshore guys?

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:53 pm

Farnorth wrote:
pharmboy2010 wrote:There's a new feature called "Exciting Drag Sound". :lol: Does it play Mr. Roboto when drag is pulled?

Usually this means the drag clicks when line is being taken. It is usually put in 300+ sized reels for saltwater use, not sure how it fits in a bfs reel. Maybe this would be desirable for the UL inshore guys?
No it's desirable to spinning reel users. :) Audible drag was one of the features I missed most when changing over from only using spinning reels to a mix of both spinning and bait cast reels. Would love audible drags on all baitcasters. [-o<

mdrap76
Angler
Angler

Post by mdrap76 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Yes, shimano aldebaran bfs xg 2016 have the feature exciting drag sound ( same as audible drag alarm in spinning reel ) same as the shimano ocea conquest 200 / 201hg, calcutta conquest 200 / 201hg & new eging inshore baitcaster shimano stiille 2016.The plus features that make shimano aldebaran bfs xg 2016 win again shimano antares dc 2016 is exciting drag sound, saltwater approve & the ftb magnet brake systems with 32mm ported shallow spool ( without brake kit ). Shimano brilliantly developed & design the ftb magnet brake system by eliminate the brake kit from 32mm ported shallow spool to obtain maximum in bfs skipping&flipping.My only concern is the effectiveness of magnet brake mechanism to react ( retract, response ) with speed of spools shaft, same as the air brake magforce z systems of daiwa baitcaster with features retractable inductor g1 durralumin sv spools. [-o<

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:35 pm

Oleg wrote:
Bassmar wrote:
Farnorth wrote:

No it's desirable to spinning reel users. :) Audible drag was one of the features I missed most when changing over from only using spinning reels to a mix of both spinning and bait cast reels. Would love audible drags on all baitcasters. [-o<
the sound of the Drag at least as an extra option even on the UL reels ( Abu LTZ)
I went a little further and did THIS:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dr.trout/m.html ... 7675.l2562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmYDPW7Jk0

None for Shimano's yet Oleg?

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Bootytrain wrote:Great video find =D> shows the mag braking pretty good. I'm definitely getting this as soon as they come out.
Same here. I have one BFS rod without a reel and this will be it for BFS for a while.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:33 am

Great video, except "Bettle-San," and the weird music.
A few things I am wondering about:
1. How often has Shimano done mag brakes?
2. I noticed the spool is not ported on the magnetic side of the spool, could this throw off balance? Or was this done to have more material for the mag brakes?
3. The durability of the mag brake control system, how do those brakes go in and out towards the spool?
Sounded a little plastic fantastic.

I am glad to see that even Shimano decided that mag brakes would help a true BFS reel. I am absolutely in the market for one of these guys! Msrp... Ouch!

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:44 am

zodiak311 wrote:Great video, except "Bettle-San," and the weird music.
A few things I am wondering about:
1. How often has Shimano done mag brakes?
2. I noticed the spool is not ported on the magnetic side of the spool, could this throw off balance? Or was this done to have more material for the mag brakes?
3. The durability of the mag brake control system, how do those brakes go in and out towards the spool?
Sounded a little plastic fantastic.

I am glad to see that even Shimano decided that mag brakes would help a true BFS reel. I am absolutely in the market for one of these guys! Msrp... Ouch!
They went to this style of mag brakes because they wanted to make the spool as light as possible and not have any braking mechanisms attached to the spool. They did the asymetrical porting to leave some metal for the magnetic effect without having to attach a metal plate to the spool like Abu does or have the inductor assembly like Daiwa's . The mag assembly is spring loaded and I believe the external dial moves the brakes in and out.