Anyone tried DIY spools? $29-$40 BFS spools!

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Anyone tried DIY spools? $29-$40 BFS spools!

Postby alafly » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:34 am

Thanks for recommendation! Will remember to get one next time when I order another spool from them. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

LowRange wrote:Image
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 26d5xAzMcu

New cast control knob colors. The big stupid Ray's logo is gone. No idea if they are knurled inside to make use of a clicker. I doubt it.
"North" of America...

masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Anyone tried DIY spools? $29-$40 BFS spools!

Postby masterbass » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:19 am

I tested my new diy long cast in my og steez and I'm really happy with it. I wanted to use my steez for some power finesse techniques. The stock spool was too wild and the sv1000 seemed too choked off. For $50 the diy spools really impress me. I was throwing Ned rigs about 30 yards with amazing control. The long cast version is a little deeper so I can put plenty of 6lb copoly on it.

I have a diy in my px type r as well. I've never been overly impressed with the stock spool. A 51e with an avail shallow spool blew it away with 1/8 oz. The diy spool transformed it into the perfect BFS reel. So far the spools have held up so the jury is still out on long term durability, but so far I'm very impressed.

Return to “Reels”