Exsence DC or Tatula type R100xs

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
SC Bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Exsence DC or Tatula type R100xs

Post by SC Bassin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:21 am

I am thinking of buying one of these 2 reels to use for frog fishing. I am not sure which would be the better.If anyone uses one of these reels for frog fishing I welcome your thoughts on your reel.
Thank You

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Exsence DC or Tatula type R100xs

Post by jwfflipper14 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:07 am

I have never used the DC but I do use the Tatula for frog fishing. It handles braid great, great casting and I haven't found a frog I couldn't cast with it.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:56 am

Both would be great. Given the price difference the Tatula Type R may offer better value. I prefer the palaming of my Exscence DC. The casting distance is a bit better and overall a more fun reel to use with the brake modes and DC wine. I just ordered a 2nd Exscence DC. The price is very reasonable and the amount of reels left new seem to me drying up. What I mean is that Digitaka notes various descriptions in their inventory. Initially a few weeks ago they noted in stock, then quantity a few, and now I believe it's says a few but ask us in advance. This is for the RH model. A few other Japanese vendors have been out for a while. Guessing there aren't many left. For a Chronarch D on steroids probably should act fast where the Tatula Type R will be around for a while.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:59 pm

I use my Exsence DC for frog fishing and it's a great reel for this technique. Long casts and more than enough power to horse them out of cover.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:40 pm

had both for frogs, no doubt the exsence dc is a much nicer reel

SC Bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SC Bassin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:16 am

Thanks for the reply's. I ordered the Exsence DC.