who custom paints reels?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

who custom paints reels?

Post by frogpond11 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Looking to get a reel custom painted for the wife...who do y'all suggest? Thanks in advance! 8-)

Justin

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: who custom paints reels?

Post by JDLaman » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:56 pm

Check this thread out. Outstanding work!

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=66273

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:08 am

JDLaman wrote:Check this thread out. Outstanding work!

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=66273
Decade Works rocks!

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:27 am

Calfish is local in the US. Decade works you need to send it to Japan.

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:09 am

Thanks for the replies! I heard Calfish isn't painting reels any more...? I could be wrong on that though. Also, I can't seem to be able to find any contact info for Calfish. I inquired about Decade Works..I didn't realize he was in Japan, but if that's what I gotta do to get my reel painted, then I probably will. Just seeing what's out there. Thanks again for the help.

Justin

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:46 am

frogpond11 wrote:Thanks for the replies! I heard Calfish isn't painting reels any more...? I could be wrong on that though. Also, I can't seem to be able to find any contact info for Calfish. I inquired about Decade Works..I didn't realize he was in Japan, but if that's what I gotta do to get my reel painted, then I probably will. Just seeing what's out there. Thanks again for the help.

Justin
Calfish aka Alan moved, when he moved he didnt get his painting stuff in order to be ready to paint reels, i believe he should be all set by now.. here is his email address miscint@hotmail.com, drop him a line..

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:52 am

JerryC wrote:
frogpond11 wrote:Thanks for the replies! I heard Calfish isn't painting reels any more...? I could be wrong on that though. Also, I can't seem to be able to find any contact info for Calfish. I inquired about Decade Works..I didn't realize he was in Japan, but if that's what I gotta do to get my reel painted, then I probably will. Just seeing what's out there. Thanks again for the help.

Justin
Calfish aka Alan moved, when he moved he didnt get his painting stuff in order to be ready to paint reels, i believe he should be all set by now.. here is his email address miscint@hotmail.com, drop him a line..
Thanks Jerry! I sent him an email for a quote.

Justin

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:24 am

JerryC wrote:

Justin
Great new, thanks for the update.

drift123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drift123 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:25 pm

Thanks for this topic. I am too interested in a paint job. However I'm curious if a fresh paint job with a clear coat adds a noticeable or significant amount of weight?

Would be neat if some could post photos of Cal's work.

Thank you.

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:45 am

drift123 wrote:Thanks for this topic. I am too interested in a paint job. However I'm curious if a fresh paint job with a clear coat adds a noticeable or significant amount of weight?

Would be neat if some could post photos of Cal's work.

Thank you.

The amount of paint and clear used to spray a reel is hardly anything. You will not see a weight difference from it. Google 'Calfish reel' and you'll see plenty of reels he's done.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Worth mentioning...

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:20 pm

There is a couple in Australia as well , Unique Custom Reels on facebook and Geneo Kustoms , i think that is how it is spelt.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:39 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:There is a couple in Australia as well , Unique Custom Reels on facebook and Geneo Kustoms , i think that is how it is spelt.
Im getting a reel that was done From Geneo Kustoms...