Help!! WHICH REEL???

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Help!! WHICH REEL???

Post by KillaBass » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:09 am

Hey guys I am having a hard time deciding which reel to get..this reel will mainly be used for pitching to heavy wood and grass with jigs and plastics..here is what I'm looking at.

Another thing..Im a hardcore Shimano guy I have nothing but cured 200e7s and citiia's..but I'm looking to maybe try a different company

-Curado I

-!3 Fishing Concept A

-Diawa tatula

-Lew's Tournament Pro G Speed Spool ACB Casting Reel

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Help!! WHICH REEL???

Post by John G » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:28 pm

I am Shimano Fanboy myself and I actually cheated on them a while back and I bought a Megabass Zonda 68. I never did use it for various reasons and I apologized to myself for straying. I vowed to never to make that mistake again and I sold the Zonda. After I sold it, I bought 2 more Aldebaran Mg7's and I have never felt better. Buy the new Curado because it's a damn fine reel or better yet, buy the Scorpion 200 because it's a JDM Shimano and when all of your friends show you their new Curados, you can act like a badass and show them what the JDM version of the new Curado looks like.

KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KillaBass » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:59 am

yea I'm leaning toward a curado I or the Lew pro g

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:34 am

I am a Core fan myself. I have a half dozen of them and the Metanium MG's (JDM Core). The Metaniums can be had on ebay for 200 or so.

KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KillaBass » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:56 am

yea Im not familiar with those higher end Shimano's

But I think I've narrowed it down

13 fishing Concept A

Curado I

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:27 am

The Curado's heavier, but in my opinion feels better. If you want to splurge, go on a JDM site and check out the Metanium prices. They shouldn't be a crazy amount more than the MSRP of a Curado. My issue with my Met HG is I don't want to put it down to fish other techniques, so I end up throwing that combo (my jig rod) till I'm blue in the face... The construction and refinement is top notch on it, plus the XG speed is available, which isn't an option on the Curado.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:17 am

The curado I is a nice reel if you find it me for 140$ range and if your a hardcore shimano guy you wouldn't be thinking about other brands ](*,)

I would go on a JDM website and buy a exsence DC or Mentanium especially with the exchange rate

KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KillaBass » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:20 pm

I've been reading reviews on all the reels..and guys are complaining that the curado I spool will open because there finger hit the button easily

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:51 pm

KillaBass wrote:I've been reading reviews on all the reels..and guys are complaining that the curado I spool will open because there finger hit the button easily
B.s. reviews.. that latch is not something that accidentally can be pushed.

TFOUR
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TFOUR » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:05 pm

From the curado to the metanium or the Ci4 you can't go wrong with any of them. I'm partial to the Ci4. if you look around generally you can get more for your money.

KillaBass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KillaBass » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:53 am

how does the cured I compare to the Lew's Tournament Pro G Speed Spool ACB Casting Reel??

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:10 am

Bootytrain wrote:
KillaBass wrote:I've been reading reviews on all the reels..and guys are complaining that the curado I spool will open because there finger hit the button easily
B.s. reviews.. that latch is not something that accidentally can be pushed.
X2

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:20 am

my tuned and super tuned 200e7's are great reels. If yours are in great shape and you still like them or don't need more reels that is a good path. I like my CI4 and Metanium better then my supertuned E7's because they are smaller and lighter. I think the I is a big smaller in hand then your E7 but not lighter.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:30 am

Just remember what you're using the reel for, close quarter contact fishing.
A good casting reel with a strong drag are what you need, not the top of the line baitcaster.
I use an older Lews BB1 Speed Spool reel for fishing soft swimbaits in heavy cover and thick grass on 20lb test fluoro, and it handles fish up to 6lbs, so far.
The Lews reel is a good option, and you can use it for other presentations, too, like deep cranking.

stratos20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stratos20 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:22 am

curado I is a great reel!