Are TDZs getting hard to find??

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Are TDZs getting hard to find??

Post by biggs » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:10 am

Because I'm posting this I bet that by tomorrow that auction site and ichiban will be flooded with TDZs but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Are TDZs getting hard to come by in excellent condition?? I've been looking for a 103 or 105 for a while now and haven't found anything.

It's time I get a TDZ in my arsenal!

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Are TDZs getting hard to find??

Post by Teal101 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:23 am

biggs wrote:Because I'm posting this I bet that by tomorrow that auction site and ichiban will be flooded with TDZs but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Are TDZs getting hard to come by in excellent condition?? I've been looking for a 103 or 105 for a while now and haven't found anything.

In good condition, somewhat. The standard 103 and 105 are pretty easy to find, but most arent lookers. The R, R+, Itos, and Izes are difficult to find. I'm slowly amassing a collection of TD-Z's. Up to 5 now and adding :lol:

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:34 am

Teal101 wrote:
biggs wrote:Because I'm posting this I bet that by tomorrow that auction site and ichiban will be flooded with TDZs but I thought I'd ask anyway.

In good condition, somewhat. The standard 103 and 105 are pretty easy to find, but most arent lookers. The R, R+, Itos, and Izes are difficult to find. I'm slowly amassing a collection of TD-Z's. Up to 5 now and adding :lol:
Hard to find the rare ones, especially left :evil:

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:17 am

Well, if the 103 and 105 in excellent condition are easy to find......by all means help a brother out!!

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:22 am

I would assume that 'most aren't lookers' and 'excellent condition' don't exactly go hand in hand...

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:44 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
Teal101 wrote:

Hard to find the rare ones, especially left :evil:
And they go for $$$ when they do pop up ](*,)

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:47 am

BucketHunter wrote:I would assume that 'most aren't lookers' and 'excellent condition' don't exactly go hand in hand...
Precisely. The one on Ichiban right now in "B" condition really isn't too bad if you are lefty. Theres an excellent condition righty I'ze Red on Ebay right now...

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:18 am

Teal101 wrote:
BucketHunter wrote:I would assume that 'most aren't lookers' and 'excellent condition' don't exactly go hand in hand...
Precisely. The one on Ichiban right now in "B" condition really isn't too bad if you are lefty. Theres an excellent condition righty I'ze Red on Ebay right now...
Yup. Jose is good to deal with too.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:25 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
I'm a righty. I've dealt with Ichiban many times without issue. I can wait.
I want a plain Jane TDZ (not a U.S. Trail) because I happen to have all the extra parts to bling one a little and I want to put a SV spool in one also. Want one for my Flat Side Special for squarebills.

A Type R+, IZE and ITO are definitely on the bucket list.

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:33 am

In excellent condtion, yes. I'm so glad I started stocking up on the TD-Zs and variations over the past couple of years. My favorite reel ever since it was first introduced when I was in high school and couldn't afford one! Just keep on eye on the auction site, Ichiban and of course here. One will pop up in excellent condition eventually.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:38 am

biggs wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
I want a plain Jane TDZ (not a U.S. Trail) because I happen to have all the extra parts to bling one a little and I want to put a SV spool in one also. Want one for my Flat Side Special for squarebills.

Get that I'ze on Ebay. Theres also a very nice one with a lot of bling already on BBC right now.

badbuffalo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by badbuffalo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Teal101 wrote:
biggs wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:
Teal101 wrote:

Get that I'ze on Ebay. Theres also a very nice one with a lot of bling already on BBC right now.
You dont want that i'ze on ebay :big grin:

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:22 pm

The price has dropped significantly in the last couple years. I have one I won't sell that's sitting on the shelf because I don't feel like giving it away. I wonder if other people are in the same boat and are holding onto them until the value goes back up.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:02 pm

Beware of the lefty td ito on ebay with the zpi handle, lol

Has a righty handle nut and the driveshaft is stripped. The whole nose piece is really scratched up as well. The frame/side plates are surprisingly in good shape though...

Montanaro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Montanaro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:58 am

I got one from eBay last year in b+ condition. It's a 103h. Replaced the front frame piece and looks better.

I like it's light weight but I'm leaning towards selling to get new alpha.