New 2015 Steez SV

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New 2015 Steez SV

Post by BigG » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:23 am

After looking at what coming out, I thinking this year will be one where all I do is upgrade spools. I'm happy with my Zillions, Steezs, and Alphas variants. Adding a few SV spools will top me off. :D

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:09 am

cndbasshunter wrote:I'm thinking that ss sv is the usdm steez sv but add click CC and longer handle.
Is there enough of a difference between the Steez and the ss sv103 to warrant spending the additional money? I saw on Japan Angler that the ss sv103 is going for $250+- shipped, and the Steez limited sv103tn is going for $100 more.

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:22 am

mark poulson wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:I'm thinking that ss sv is the usdm steez sv but add click CC and longer handle.
Is there enough of a difference between the Steez and the ss sv103 to warrant spending the additional money? I saw on Japan Angler that the ss sv103 is going for $250+- shipped, and the Steez limited sv103tn is going for $100 more.
SS SV doesn't have the well connected geary feel that Daiwa is known for, so Steez's retrieve is much nicer in my hands. It is also Magnesium reel compared to Zaion.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:31 am

IAY wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
SS SV doesn't have the well connected geary feel that Daiwa is known for, so Steez's retrieve is much nicer in my hands. It is also Magnesium reel compared to Zaion.
I guess, if I were spending $250+ for a reel, I would want it to be smooth.
But is there a $100 drop off in performance?

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:45 am

mark poulson wrote:
IAY wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
I guess, if I were spending $250+ for a reel, I would want it to be smooth.
But is there a $100 drop off in performance?
It is smooth, just not as smooth.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:13 am

-Slides 107 thru 109 may give us some insight....maybe 2 Steez reels ???? ...No mention of the 103SV...but the 105SV is in my opinion the JDM Alphas 105SV...http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/fir ... 5-products

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:59 am

E73Bass wrote:1 is a -Steez 103SV

the other 2 reels appear to just be called SV103 and SV105....doubt they are under the Steez label.

I personlly believe the SV105 is a JDM Alphas 105SV replication.

Many believe the SV103 is a OG Zillion frame....myself... I believe it will be the JDM SS SV 103 replcation and the pic that is on TZLure may be inaccurate.

Especially after reading this very recent TT review about the JDM SS SV103 AND its mention of the the strong possiblilty of it being brought over to the USA at ICAST.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdaiwasssv.html
I highly doubt the picture and specs of the SV 103 on TZLure are all wrong. The details about the SV 103 are nothing like the specs on the SS SV. Just because a reel is not mentioned on Bassmaster does not mean it is not coming out. Example- 13 Fishing and Duckett lefties.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:51 am

joekaz wrote:

the other 2 reels appear to just be called SV103 and SV105....doubt they are under the Steez label.

Many believe the SV103 is a OG Zillion frame....myself... I believe it will be the JDM SS SV 103 replcation and the pic that is on TZLure may be inaccurate.

Especially after reading this very recent TT review about the JDM SS SV103 AND its mention of the the strong possiblilty of it being brought over to the USA at ICAST.

I highly doubt the picture and specs of the SV 103 on TZLure are all wrong. The details about the SV 103 are nothing like the specs on the SS SV. Just because a reel is not mentioned on Bassmaster does not mean it is not coming out. Example- 13 Fishing and Duckett lefties.
Yes I agree that because they are not mentioned on Bassmaster that does not mean its not coming out...I know for a fact that there will be some new zillion glass rods...also no mention of the Fenwick World class or Fenwick at all.

I mentoned that the pic "May be" inaccurate. Then again it may be accurate. I only thought that When I saw the TT review...I do not see daiwa bringing the SSSV 103 over and still intro a SV103 here and hurt sales of the USDM SV103 I did not say they are not coming out with a SV103. I just think it will be a relabeled SS SV 103 like the SV105 appears to be the JDM SV105.
Some of the specs on TZ lure are inaccurate for the Steez XS-6.4 oz vs 103HS as far as model number.
What specs appear different b/w the SS SV103 and the SV 103 ? What am I missing other then differnt gear ratios?

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 am

E73Bass wrote:
joekaz wrote:

Yes I agree that because they are not mentioned on Bassmaster that does not mean its not coming out...I know for a fact that there will be some new zillion glass rods...also no mention of the Fenwick World class or Fenwick at all.

I mentoned that the pic "May be" inaccurate. Then again it may be accurate. I only thought that When I saw the TT review...I do not see daiwa bringing the SSSV 103 over and still intro a SV103 here and hurt sales of the USDM SV103 I did not say they are not coming out with a SV103. I just think it will be a relabeled SS SV 103 like the SV105 appears to be the JDM SV105.
Some of the specs on TZ lure are inaccurate for the Steez XS-6.4 oz vs 103HS as far as model number.
What specs appear different b/w the SS SV103 and the SV 103 ? What am I missing other then differnt gear ratios?
The specs on SV 103 show the handle is longer, the reel is heavier, it has an aluminum frame, the drag pressure is higher, 1 less bearing, brass gearing and is ok for inshore fishing. The last two I am not totally sure if they differ from the SS SV though. To me the SV 103 sounds like a Zillion with a SV spool. We will see soon enough.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:29 am

joekaz wrote:
E73Bass wrote:
joekaz wrote:

The specs on SV 103 show the handle is longer, the reel is heavier, it has an aluminum frame, the drag pressure is higher, 1 less bearing, brass gearing and is ok for inshore fishing. The last two I am not totally sure if they differ from the SS SV though. To me the SV 103 sounds like a Zillion with a SV spool. We will see soon enough.

Hope so.

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:39 am

E73Bass wrote:
joekaz wrote:
E73Bass wrote:
joekaz wrote:

Hope so.
Me too! The original Zillion is still my favorite Daiwa. This one would take over the top spot for sure.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:52 pm

BigG wrote:After looking at what coming out, I thinking this year will be one where all I do is upgrade spools. I'm happy with my Zillions, Steezs, and Alphas variants. Adding a few SV spools will top me off. :D
X2...I just need some steez sv spools and I'll be straight.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:17 am

Steez SV - Duraluminum G1 SV Spool - Air Brake - Magnesium Frame - Zaion Gear Side plate, UTG 13.2lb drag, 12 BB. Available in 6.3 (5.8oz) and 8.1 (6.4oz)

SV103 - Zillion aluminum frame (has the same 2 protection plates)6.3 and 7.9. 13.2lb UTG, 6+1bb, 7.8oz. Not sure if it has a clicky CC but the CC looks like it doesnt.

SV105 - Aluminum frame with zaoin gearside plate. 5.8 in righty, 7.2 in lefty and righty, 6.2oz, 11lb drag, 6+1bb.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:06 am

Good stuff CND!
Any word on when they'll be available to order/ready to ship?

And ball park price on the sv103?

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:08 am

$300.00 on the SV 103. $400.00 on the Steez SV