Lews BB2 Inshore Reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
sandiegotennispro
Angler
Angler

Lews BB2 Inshore Reels

Post by sandiegotennispro » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:38 pm

I have not seen many reviews of this reel at all.

Anyone tried it?

Also if you have used the lews tournament pro in saltwater has it held up?

nativefloridian
Angler
Angler

Re: Lews BB2 Inshore Reels

Post by nativefloridian » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:00 am

I have the bb2 inshore. I have fished it pretty hard so far. I have had it since December and used it with 20lb fluorocarbon and swimbaits for a the first month. It worked well for this application. I have it loaded up with 65lb braid now and have used it inshore for snook and like it a lot. I would buy another one.

sandiegotennispro
Angler
Angler

Post by sandiegotennispro » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:54 pm

nativefloridian wrote:I have the bb2 inshore. I have fished it pretty hard so far. I have had it since December and used it with 20lb fluorocarbon and swimbaits for a the first month. It worked well for this application. I have it loaded up with 65lb braid now and have used it inshore for snook and like it a lot. I would buy another one.

What reels have you owned before that you used for saltwater? How is the casting ability of this reel and the smoothness of the retrieve?

nativefloridian
Angler
Angler

Post by nativefloridian » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:22 am

I have a curado 200 and 300e. The casting is really great I like the external adjustment on the lews. It is pretty smooth about as smooth as you could expect from a reel in the price class. The curados have held up fine and the lews seems to be as well.