Rarenium vs Twin Power decision

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
rt dak
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Rarenium vs Twin Power decision

Post by rt dak » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:19 am

So i'm looking into a spinning setup for weightless plastics. Mostly 3, 4 and 5" senkos. Will likely be going with a Dobyns 703SF unless there's anything better under $300. I was originally looking at a 2500 Stradic FJ but i'd like to get the weight down a little more.

I'm having trouble deciding between a Rarenium Ci4+ C3000HG and the new Twin Power C3000HG that just came out this month. The Rarenium is 2 oz lighter, cheaper and will cosmetically be easier to match to a rod. For some reason though there's something about the Twin Power that keeps drawing me back in. Any insight?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Rarenium vs Twin Power decision

Post by cndbasshunter » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:38 am

For senko and that rod get the twin power.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:32 am

rt dak wrote:So i'm looking into a spinning setup for weightless plastics. Mostly 3, 4 and 5" senkos. Will likely be going with a Dobyns 703SF unless there's anything better under $300. I was originally looking at a 2500 Stradic FJ but i'd like to get the weight down a little more.

I'm having trouble deciding between a Rarenium Ci4+ C3000HG and the new Twin Power C3000HG that just came out this month. The Rarenium is 2 oz lighter, cheaper and will cosmetically be easier to match to a rod. For some reason though there's something about the Twin Power that keeps drawing me back in. Any insight?
Who thinks up these reel names? Rarenium??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

hawkoath
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hawkoath » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:57 am

The Rarenium and Twin Power are both JDM reels so my guess is that they had a very attractive name in Japanese that just got directly into English. I mean what exactly does Stradic mean anyways? Maybe a Shimano rep can give you more insight.

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by trent_s » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:25 pm

I would get the batemastur...or is the other way around =))))

Seriously though I want a Twin Power. Monday Monkey recommended that reel to me, and I trust his judgement on import tackle.

zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by zalan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:17 pm

hawkoath wrote:The Rarenium and Twin Power are both JDM reels so my guess is that they had a very attractive name in Japanese that just got directly into English. I mean what exactly does Stradic mean anyways? Maybe a Shimano rep can give you more insight.
They are sold in EU as well, though Twin Power has only saltwater version here at the moment.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:28 am

hawkoath wrote:The Rarenium and Twin Power are both JDM reels so my guess is that they had a very attractive name in Japanese that just got directly into English. I mean what exactly does Stradic mean anyways? Maybe a Shimano rep can give you more insight.
I hope you're right. I'd hate to think someone thought those names up on purpose! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basscatcher99
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Basscatcher99 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:31 am

Bump. I'm faced with the same decision. Rarenium 3000HG vs Twin Power 3000XG. Has anyone had a chance to handle these reels yet?