New Daiwa reels coming!

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

New Daiwa reels coming!

Post by JWR075 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:57 am

I was told to look forward to some custom painted (red and yellow) Tatulas, the Exist and a replacement for the Pixy Type R (think new Alpha SV) and possible SV Steez. Also some AGS casting rods. Daiwa rep said look for a trickle down from JDM market to US. Let's just hope they price the Pixy replacement so it can compete with the JDM version.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Daiwa reels coming!

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:59 am

Nice...very intrigued by the casting AGS and Pixy Type R (think new Alpha SV) and possible SV Steez!!

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:20 am

One other thing is that the rep talked like we could see Daiwa bring more aftermarket parts back to the U.S. Also said look for more Daiwa manufacture house brands to start featuring the mag seal system and possible even on of its major competitors. Also said for those interested Fuji might start selling the AGS separately for those building their own rods.

I am excited to that there might be the return of an Alpha based reel to the U.S.

Also I saw Office ZPI had drag stars for the Tatulas.

Rep also said that we should look forward to Daiwa making releases as products come online versus waiting to only certain big tackle shows.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:25 am

Just thought of one more intriguing tidbit. The rep also told me for those of us who like the JDM reels that certain independent tackle stores will now being selling and ordering them. Sorry can not remember the names but did mention at least two of them.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:57 am

I am definitely going to get an Alpha SV, if the PX offers the 7.2:1 gears I am in for that too. Looks like an interest year for Daiwa.

Jkitchens
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jkitchens » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:54 am

I can't wait to see what they're bringing out this year. A new pixy would be awesome! All of the new Tatula style stuff just doesn't do anything for me, hopefully the new stuff doesn't follow in their footsteps...

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:59 am

Just what I needed
Alphas SV ..... Chachingggggggggggggggg
Pixy ....... Chachingggggggggggggggg

brighamvang
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by brighamvang » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Sadly Shimano got Daiwa beat, not even impress with daiwa line up for 2015.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Jkitchens wrote:I can't wait to see what they're bringing out this year. A new pixy would be awesome! All of the new Tatula style stuff just doesn't do anything for me, hopefully the new stuff doesn't follow in their footsteps...
X2

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Go buy the JDM Daiwa catalog.. no Pixys in there. Probably why the SPRs were immediately discounted at TW.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Bootytrain wrote:Go buy the JDM Daiwa catalog.. no Pixys in there. Probably why the SPRs were immediately discounted at TW.
Sad but in all honesty do we need the Pixy now. Daiwa fans have the Air series and the Alpha 105SV.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:56 pm

brighamvang wrote:Sadly Shimano got Daiwa beat, not even impress with daiwa line up for 2015.
So true,big yawn Daiwa :?

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Aaronb » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 pm

JWR075 wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:Go buy the JDM Daiwa catalog.. no Pixys in there. Probably why the SPRs were immediately discounted at TW.
Sad but in all honesty do we need the Pixy now. Daiwa fans have the Air series and the Alpha 105SV.
Do we need a Zillion TWS if we have the Tatula or do we need the Tatula if we have the Zillion TWS? I guess I'm good enough at casting that I don't think we need the SV. I've got a couple of the spools in my reels plus a T3 Air. They're nice. I guess a Pixy SV or Air would be kind of cool.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:52 am

Interesting!
Unfortunately, if it's already an existing JDM model, I highly doubt I'll be buying the USDM version.

Although curious in regards to aesthetics.

Thanks for sharing.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:04 am

Aaronb wrote:
JWR075 wrote:
Do we need a Zillion TWS if we have the Tatula or do we need the Tatula if we have the Zillion TWS? I guess I'm good enough at casting that I don't think we need the SV. I've got a couple of the spools in my reels plus a T3 Air. They're nice. I guess a Pixy SV or Air would be kind of cool.
Where would/does the Pixy fit into the lineup now that the SS Air is out and the Alpha105SV is out. The Pixy is 11 years old and out side of a faster gear ratio, clicking drag star, and a new drag it has not changed since 2004. Please do not get me wrong I would love for the Pixy to stay around but I also understand product lifespans and know the Pixy is at retirement age.
Last edited by JWR075 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.